2023 Select New Release July 2023

I also would think Select would be keeping an eye on eBay sellers too ie addresses etc may even buy a couple of boxes off people with multiple boxes for sale on previous releases and keep them in their records heaps of things they can do I suspect.

Re: secondary value

I'm always interested in which card stick in the market and those that don't.

Ruby /40 are as rare as Marquee /40 long term I'd guess Ruby settles higher.
Emerald /55 in line with base Brilliance /50 I suspect Brilliance base settles higher.
Sapphire /70 same as Iconic /70, I hate Iconic, Sapphire has to be higher demand.

Will be interesting to see how keen the 5k people in all the Facebook groups are to dip into this series in the secondary market. I think most of them have read articles that got them into the game, and are primarily sellers rather than collectors.

I suspect long term these will be very difficult to find.

Also a weird one for trading, I really hope people have their thick sleeves and 180pt top loaders. I suspect many don't. I like to grade my keepers so condition very important to me.

Re: secondary value

I'm always interested in which card stick in the market and those that don't.

Ruby /40 are as rare as Marquee /40 long term I'd guess Ruby settles higher.
Emerald /55 in line with base Brilliance /50 I suspect Brilliance base settles higher.
Sapphire /70 same as Iconic /70, I hate Iconic, Sapphire has to be higher demand.

Will be interesting to see how keen the 5k people in all the Facebook groups are to dip into this series in the secondary market. I think most of them have read articles that got them into the game, and are primarily sellers rather than collectors.

I suspect long term these will be very difficult to find.

Also a weird one for trading, I really hope people have their thick sleeves and 180pt top loaders. I suspect many don't. I like to grade my keepers so condition very important to me.
I only recently bought some 180pt toploaders. I never hit anything that big from Baseball/NFL/NBA so never needed it.

Also tough to skimp on postage with 180pt cards

I only recently bought some 180pt toploaders. I never hit anything that big from Baseball/NFL/NBA so never needed it.

Also tough to skimp on postage with 180pt cards
Will get a real clear idea of who the cowboys are.

I still shudder when people post pics of cards for sale on FB out of sleeves. Instant pass for me.

Will get a real clear idea of who the cowboys are.

I still shudder when people post pics of cards for sale on FB out of sleeves. Instant pass for me.
I mean, i do it out of sleeves, but in my lightbox on a card holder.

Only taken out of sleeves for photography

I mean, i do it out of sleeves, but in my lightbox on a card holder.

Only taken out of sleeves for photography
Yeah, if it's a lightbox on a holder, that's a sign of someone who knows what they're doing.

Out of sleeve, blurry photo, wonky framing, no thanks. Bonus no thanks for people who say "need these gone today" but are still asking more than ebay comps.

Yeah, if it's a lightbox on a holder, that's a sign of someone who knows what they're doing.

Out of sleeve, blurry photo, wonky framing, no thanks. Bonus no thanks for people who say "need these gone today" but are still asking more than ebay comps.

LOL sitting on a bed, maccas bags and dirty feet at the bottom of the pic ahahaha i love those ones

I can't believe people would flip their boxes. I understand some just want quick profit but by goodness you miss out on some of the best feelings in the collecting world busting a box and getting that massive hit.

We get maybe 1 high end release every year, bust your box and enjoy the emotions that come with it. At the worst you'll get your money back selling individually IMO.

I can't believe people would flip their boxes. I understand some just want quick profit but by goodness you miss out on some of the best feelings in the collecting world busting a box and getting that massive hit.

We get maybe 1 high end release every year, bust your box and enjoy the emotions that come with it. At the worst you'll get your money back selling individually IMO.
You hit 7 GC/GWS/Freo cards, like i always do, and you're lucky to get 50% return.

I see the same people hit the same big cards every release and learned long ago that opening leads to pain when you never hit.

It's gambling, especially for me when I don't collect AFL singles strategically.

You hit 7 GC/GWS/Freo cards, like i always do, and you're lucky to get 50% return.

I see the same people hit the same big cards every release and learned long ago that opening leads to pain when you never hit.

It's gambling, especially for me when I don't collect AFL singles strategically.
I opened perhaps the worst supremacy box ever and still managed to get my money back after selling. And I mean it was super bad.

I opened perhaps the worst supremacy box ever and still managed to get my money back after selling. And I mean it was super bad.
But with autos guaranteed, a patch and great, meaningful inserts with a /40 card in the box, very easy to come out on top.

This product...3 out of 4 boxes are going to be rough unless the low numbered stuff are decent teams.

2 guaranteed sigs per box. 1 franchise future and 1 other.

Some boxes had 3.

But easily the best release of all time, hard to imagine that was only a few years ago
agree with this...crazy it was only in 2019
but thank god it was 19' for the majority of people still busted the box's open and the singles market grew like wild fire
19' supremacy released today would be a world of sealed product
its part of the game now and understandable for many would give there first born child for a sealed 19' supremacy box

Please correct me if I am wrong but I noticed on the checklist that there are 2 sets of signatures of the 18 players
1 GDS the 2nd GDSR
so going by that 1 signature would in the box the other you would have to send to select to redeem which would make
2 sets of signatures
or is my age showing??

Please correct me if I am wrong but I noticed on the checklist that there are 2 sets of signatures of the 18 players
1 GDS the 2nd GDSR
so going by that 1 signature would in the box the other you would have to send to select to redeem which would make
2 sets of signatures
or is my age showing??

I assumed they are all redemptions to prevent the holding of sealed stuff

Maybe this isnt the thread, love know the thoughts on here of the five toughest teams to sell.For me its Port Adelaide I have pulled "high end" Port cards and got bugger all for them on the secondary market

Back
Top Bottom