2023 AFL Supremacy Rookies Box (Now with special SCC gift)

Iron Clad Lou

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Luke
Here We Go Again GIF

Screen Shot 2023-11-04 at 2.35.34 pm.png

Very little wiggle room for breakers in that price hey

and the Sheezel hunt commences with chapter 2....
will be interesting to see how this release goes in the current market

Can Select feel the tide turning in the hobby and are preemptively trying to keep people in the SCC? As soon as the box flippers are gone SCC will no longer be necessary or viable, so I wonder if they might throw something like the unredeemed instant win prizes in to milk it for another twelve months.

Can Select feel the tide turning in the hobby and trying to keep people in the SCC? As soon as the box flippers are gone SCC will no longer be necessary, so I wonder if they might throw something like the unredeemed instant win prizes in to milk it for another twelve months.

Possibly. SCC allows me to get extra boxes so it will always be a great option.

I'm sure everyone else likes that too

Possibly. SCC allows me to get extra boxes so it will always be a great option.

I'm sure everyone else likes that too

It won't be long before public box/case limits are extended beyond what most people can afford, at which point SCC has no purpose.

I've been a critic of Select but one thing I'll give them credit for is they are always one or two steps ahead of the game. They will be highly aware of the failure of Legacy to gain any traction on the secondary market and what this infers moving forward.

It won't be long before public box/case limits are extended beyond what most people can afford, at which point SCC has no purpose.

I've been a critic of Select but one thing I'll give them credit for is they are always one or two steps ahead of the game. They will be highly aware of the failure of Legacy to gain any traction on the secondary market and what this infers moving forward.

Once it starts sitting there on release day, then we know we're back

I might open some stuff then :)

About time Select gave something to SCC members again. A free album which was nice, and a useless hat the first year, but nothing since. Select are getting all this extra cash from members so it just makes sense they give something back. Let’s hope it’s something nice and not just a hat or accessories.

Just back to the box price. I am genuinely considering not getting my general release box. At $300 you would basically have to hit a Sheezel to make money. The /75 Rookies will sell for $20-$50 each and most of the /25 will struggle to hit $150.

Just back to the box price. I am genuinely considering not getting my general release box. At $300 you would basically have to hit a Sheezel to make money. The /75 Rookies will sell for $20-$50 each and most of the /25 will struggle to hit $150.
Yup

I'll get one to hold, but would never consider opening

Given there is theoretically barely enough boxes for each member, this release has always felt like an 'SCC exclusive' with the 'discounted' price, and now a gift for SCC orders (assuming it's not something laughable).

The 'RRP' of these rookie boxes seems like the classic sales scam where they inflate it to make the discounted price seem like a great deal. I haven't purchased a box of these at RRP since their inception and won't be changing that for the 2023 incarnation.

Back
Top Bottom