2016 Select Footy Stars (Series 1)

TC looks nice on the other hand though... Saw the cards on the side.
Select gave me horrible customer serive when I last collected AFL, I hope Tap n Play or someone replaces them as AFL Card maker.
Completely opposite to what I think. TC is boring and just a kids game, nothing new coming from it to make it worth collecting. Have always said that's the one if you're playing, Select if you're collecting.
Tap N Play have a long way to go before they could think about taking over the license, until the realise adding silver/gold trim to a card doesn't make an insert, then they'll be moving in the right direction.

That brownlow card will be sweet. I wonder how limited it will be? There will be quite a few brownlow predictor cards out there for teh eventual winner.

Barry Hudson from sunshine collectables just posted this on Facebook

Just spoke to select the Brownlow card is 100% an authentic signature card with a replica Brownlow embedded in it. Flyers for this series will be available late next week.

Well done Select =D>
Now they just need to do match worn or game used and the hobby is back on track.

Just spoke to select the Brownlow card is 100% an authentic signature card with a replica Brownlow embedded in it. Flyers for this series will be available late next week.
Cool! That will be one awesome card :thumbsup:

Superhero or Brownlow redemption with chance of a signed Brownlow redemption haha I know wat I would prefer lol although almost don't want Ablett to win as the price scares me lol

Well, we begged for something different AND a signature card in the series one release.......and with the Brownlow predictor, Select have delivered. I like the idea that we won't (in all likelihood) know WHO will be signing until late in the season.....unless of course Master Ablett is back to his usual remarkable, injury-free standard and has "Charlie" sewn up half-way through the year!

Anyhow, I think that it is a brilliant move!

Looking at that pdf file, it it comes to my attention that those lower card images are as followed:

0. Commons; 220 cards as ususal
1. Excells; probably equilvelant and replacing parallels; 1-2 packs?
2. Milestone Game cards; still going; 1:6 packs
3. Best and Fairests; 18 as usual; 1:18 packs
4. Thunder & Lightening; 2 players per club; looks to be replacing Superheroes? 1:36 packs, I hope!
5. Characturtures; Same format as last few years; only different artisit this time as it looks and designs! 58 cards as usual

Nah I would say brown lows are replacing superheroes. The thunder and lightning are two seperate cards and I reckon they will be 1:16.

I guess the real question is, are the Brownlow predictors individually numbered? I would think they are but no mention of it on the flyer is a worry.

I must admit I have criticised select for doing the same ol'e crap year in year out, this is big step forward I think the brownlow predictors will be a much more chased card then the last few years box hit of superheros / mirror card. A few insert sets have been kept, but there's enough change to strike my interest.

I guess the real question is, are the Brownlow predictors individually numbered? I would think they are but no mention of it on the flyer is a worry.

I've been thinking the same..... I would bet some kids who land the winner may keep the card in the draw unaware of the redemption factor. Either way exciting!!

That sounds amazing, I hope they show an example on the flyer!

Back
Top Bottom