2015/16 EPL Thread (SPOILERS)

EPL Winners

• Total voters
Well we are a few weeks in and (not that any of you would care) my boys from Carrow road are already battling to survive. We had Man City and were so close if not for a last minute penalty. Sadly that and our 0-0 draw with Liverpool have been the best parts of the season. Lets just try to beat Swansea this week before we run into Aresnal and Chelsea.

No Jose present at the match but same old result, this guy is available lol:

12208719_1113283015363731_243609625407177077_n.jpg

"Merry Christmas, and maybe also Happy New Year when I see you. For now, enjoy the wine....and maybe a mice pie, Goodbye"
- Louis van Gaal , Philosopher and Managerial Moron -

This literally made my year. You destroy my club and now get sh!tty at the media and Arsene Wenger for pointing out the obvious.... You are a heavy man on thin ice!! Nobody feels sorry for you, I reckon David Moyes is p!ssing himself laughing over a bottle of wine somewhere !! I should think he'll see out the year as no Red Manc wants Mourinho in charge, and it really needs to be Pep or Giggsy next season.

Bizare press conference from Louis. Wheels are coming off. I don't like wine or mince pies but I do like Ryan Giggs. Hope he is next in charge. Don't want Pep or Jose. Arsenal are really coming together as a group.
Been a great season so far. Who would of thought Chelsea would be where they are and Leicester would be where they are. Think it's City's or Arsenals for the taking.

Leicester are still a dark horse but I think the Gunners will finally win the league this season.

Would love it if Leicester won it but yeah Arsenal have been playing some eye catching football recently. I'll stick with City as it was my prediction.

"Merry Christmas, and maybe also Happy New Year when I see you. For now, enjoy the wine....and maybe a mice pie, Goodbye"
- Louis van Gaal , Philosopher and Managerial Moron -

This literally made my year. You destroy my club and now get sh!tty at the media and Arsene Wenger for pointing out the obvious.... You are a heavy man on thin ice!! Nobody feels sorry for you, I reckon David Moyes is p!ssing himself laughing over a bottle of wine somewhere !! I should think he'll see out the year as no Red Manc wants Mourinho in charge, and it really needs to be Pep or Giggsy next season.

Here's his reply bro lol:

10343688_10205461677369039_2603725866892061330_n.jpg

Pep is overrated and I'm not sure if Giggs is good enough. I'm sure for such a big club there would be a fair few suitors for the job. Would SAF push for Jose?

Yup I see both points, SAF would/should still be having nightmares about hand picking David Moyes so realistically whilst he will definitely have a say in the next manager whenever / whoever that may be, he will think much harder about it. Mourinho has lost the plot and he's Chelsea related - Nuff said.
Pep is overrated but has a style of play more suited to us and Giggs, well he's like what Kenny is to your lot... The fan favourite!
Look to be fair, we are and have been much higher on the ladder than we deserve. Should be about 8th-10th tops. With best part of 6 months to go, I reckon that's where we're going to finish. Would rather a proper rebuild ground up and work our way back to something better over a sustained period. I am not for this instant manager sacking that happens these days and if LVG looked like he had the right idea..hell, if he looked like he had ANY idea, I would be happy to persevere with him. But he doesn't, Giggs called the shots from the touchline second half of last match while LVG sat on his @rse. He has no clue, no desire and no positive impact on the players or the club. Also, we have a lot of overrated players being paid a hell of a lot more than they are worth. If I had the team to chop up, half of the current list would be gone.

Half Time...thank fcuk. More uselss sh!t from United. Only highlights have been Arnautovic as he's just outclassed our defense and as much as it sucks to say it, he is just too good. Second, the slurs from the crowd - shamefully funny. I don't think there's a United fan, player or staffer who isn't glad it's half time. Stoke should have 3!! Come on United show some effing backbone.

I agree, when I look at the ladder I feel you guys are slightly higher than your performances warrants, on paper you have a decent list, however, come match day is another thing.

Personally if I had to choose between Giggs and Pep, it would be a bit of a hard choice, but my heart would say Giggs to help re-build you's into a dominant team again. Here's what gets me the most, LVG is not a bad coach, so wtf has he done at Manchester to be in the position he is in? I know he's a hardliner, so I guess they aren't liking his autocratic style he has in place. Too much of a headmaster type of a character (compliments of Rodgers :p) and probably losing the locker room as every day goes past. It wasn't that long ago he was doing wonders with the Dutch national team, he was offered the role of Director of Football with LFC few years prior, only for Rodgers to turn around and reject him and presenting his protege Jose with awards. Then again Zlatan did call LVG a pompous ass while he was at Ajax so the warning signs were there.

Anyway, looks like Stoke are doing well, they're actually not a bad team to watch especially Bojan.

What about Shrek? With all the LVG talk, have they overlooked his contribution to the team? Surely being the highest paid in the team and not performing like he use to is going to catch up with him. Love the lad but is his time up?

What about Shrek? With all the LVG talk, have they overlooked his contribution to the team? Surely being the highest paid in the team and not performing like he use to is going to catch up with him. Love the lad but is his time up?
My thoughts exactly, I would love for him to bag a couple and get back in form but, he looks like a fighter who has had his glory days long pass him by and is getting ko'd by nobody's.
He has heart and commitment to the badge, that's what is saving him but even that can only last so long. Players I would axe instantly:
Blind - can't pass, can't control play and looks generally bewildered.
Schweinsteiger - a bit like Rooney, his best days have been and gone. Too slow and not relevant.
Memphis - Waste of time. Another guy not worthy of the badge let alone the number on his back. He has Sterling syndrome (personal self worth far outweighs skill) but he doesn't even have Sterlings pace lol. Should have persevered with Di Maria if had to choose one of them. But that jersey is cursed, check the form and United career of any player that wore that #7 of ours after CR7.
Young - Pace has left him and his skill (even when playing on the wing) has eroded although, he did a great megs tonight a rare highlight.
Fellaini - 50/50 on the big Belgian muppet, he has the grace of a newborn giraffe but can serve a bit of a purpose although he missed 2 easyish shots tonight.
Carrick - a great servant to us but not up to the top flight anymore (imo)
There's others on very thin ice but the abovementioned (barring a good think about Fellaini) would be instant "Pack your bags" if I had the call.
Anyway, I still think this season has been a marvel to watch as there twists and turns and upsets every single round which has been of some consolation for watching my lads look like a horse that needs putting out of its misery. Win, lose or bore I am United that will never change but, changes need to occur at the club and things will probably get a lot worse before they get better. Lose to Chelsea and LVG is done...You can quote me in a few days. Giggs as caretaker?? Probably not. Mourinho? Possibly and I will hate every second of it. Even if we won the league, in my mind it would be tainted hahaha. Even Sir Alex couldn't fix this team. We need Scotty Cam to renovate hahaha

I think LVG future has already been pretty much sealed. I just dont know where we go from here. LVG has made so many stupid mistakes. Alienates people Constantly. Seems to be getting praised for playing youngste when in reality theyre thrown in at the deep end cos our squad is so small and he pretty much has to. Transfer wise it never seems to make sense, Sorts out one problem and creates another. And just to finish. if LVG says Man Utd glory days are over , well so was his about 20 years ago when he won the UCL. Yes 20 years ago...

Some more surprises..Arsenal..wtf?? Although, they are well and truly entitled to an off day. LFC over Leicester was a pleasent surprise too. Palace v Bournemouth game was pretty entertaining for a nil all. Pretty firey in the first half.
The carnival that is the league this year juat keeps rolling out the goods.

I love watching random EPL games and even looking at the "overnight goals highlights" on the Fox Sports website. The first thing you notice is that one commentator plus one special comments person WORKS. The standard of commentary in my opinion is outstanding and the breadth of knowledge - particularly given the various nationalities of players and the number of clubs they have played for - is something cricket and AFL commentators in Australia could certainly learn from.

@shawnkemp40 it is a topsy-turvy season. The updated league table (with all teams having played 18 games) is:

Leicester - 38 points
Arsenal - 36
Man City - 35
Tottenham - 32
Crystal Palace - 30
Man United - 29
Watford - 29
Liverpool - 27
Everton - 26
West Ham - 26
Stoke - 26
Southampton - 24
West Brom - 20
Bournemouth - 20
Chelsea - 19
Swansea - 18
Norwich - 17
Newcastle - 17
Sunderland - 12
Aston Villa - 8

I reckon he'll take City unless Chelsea offer him disgusting money. I think he's gonna want to create his own history without the Jose comparisons and shadows.

Back
Top Bottom