2011/12 Australian Summer Of Cricket (*SPOILERS*)

The only answer is bring back Katich :woot:

The bowling stocks are now right, so at least we don't have to consider Mitchell any longer ;)

Ready again for a good day on the couch.

Hopefully Harsha can get his sigs at the WACA :thumbsup:

regards Russell

I would keep Shaun Marsh, the bloke obviously has talent and he showed terrific application in the Sri Lanka series.

The No. 3 spot might be a bit of a mix-and-match for a little while, particularly when Ricky and Huss finish their careers and the selectors have those important gaps to fill.

The future of Shane Watson will be central to what the selectors do with the batting order I reckon - his bowling is a huge asset to the team but I think at times it is to the detriment of his batting. I agree with Brad, puting him at No. 5 might be the go, particularly if he is still going to fill the "5th bowler" spot as well.
Having said that, given that we are either going to select 4 quicks or 3 quicks and Nathan Lyon, maybe Watto might not have to bowl as much anyway as we have a skilful, diverse bowling attack now.

I just cannot believe the improvement in Ben Hilfenhaus - he actually does look a different bowler to the one I saw last summer. I think it was Ian Chappell who said that the key to rebuilding a team is to have a good bowling attack and I really admire the way players like Hilfenhaus have helped create that.

Siddle, Hilfenhaus, Pattinson, Cummins, Starc, Harris, Lyon - YEP YEP YEP :p

Yeah but the thing is that Marsh has a terrible FC record and is now failing on pitches that aren't roads.

I'm not going to cause a big debate here but Terrible is a bit Harsh, Not many can even average what he has.

Just great! The Cricket won't be on until the Last Session in Perth!:cry:

---------- Post added 15-01-2012 at 11:38 AM ----------

Woo Hoo Now they are showing it!

Well if Hughes is a allowed 12 months of constant failure before being dropped, Shouldn't Marsh be allowed at least 6???

Am I allowed to criticize Haddin without ppl getting sand all up their vag??? dude was picked as a batsmen who could keep (like Gilly was) He should by default be judged on his batting above his keeping, therefore piss off you've had a good run, you're an average keeper at best and now you can't bat, bye bye!

Also agree on the Hilfey man love, what a freakin monster he has become, love watchin him bowl.

Don't mind Starc as the 4th quick with the injuries, although he is not a long term answer at test level...... yet

Haddin should be 'rested' for Adelaide.

Marsh, like Hughes, has little to offer this rampant Australian cricket team. Everyone keeps talking about him, but he is injury prone, 28 and looks wayyyy out of his depth in this series. Personally, I don't know why they dropped Kawaja. And sure, Kawaja hasn't set the 20-20 comp alive but he has made some good shots and got a couple of very dubious decisions.

If Watson is fit, come in at 6, Punter to 3, Clarke to 4 and Hussey to 5 and a new keeper.

I am so proud of the boys...3-0 series lead. India humbled. Big questions over Laxman, Dravid and Sachin. India need a fielding coach, because they are lazy. BCCI should not allow this to continue. Some 'princes' in that side who just are not putting in.

Great Win By Australia!

I Love Hilfenhaus definitely my 2nd Favourite Bowler in the Australian team Right Now! I have admit i like Haddin but i'm starting to get a bit sick of him! Shaun Marsh has already proven himself especially in ODI Cricket and sort of T20 Cricket for AUS. I'd have Marsh in for the Next Test if ONLY Watson can't Play because In recent Times Khawaja and Marsh haven't really performed. For me Khawaja is Definitely a future option and Has a Lot of Potential to be One of the Best. Getting Back to the WK situation, Tim Paine is obviously injured and some people are saying he might have to give up keeping. So it Leaves Wade Next in Line if they are Right!

Great Day at the WACA! :) Loved the atmosphere today, especially with the last 4 wickets going in two minutes! :)

India simply got Warnered and Hilfinated

Great win for the MIGHTY AUSSIES! :)

Let's go for a white wash

Very interesting puzzle for the selectors for the upcoming Ashes (So many players are firing)

My uninjured Test XI:

1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Cowan
4. Ponting
5. Clarke
6. Hussey
7. Paine
8. Pattinson
9. Siddle
10. Hilfenhaus
11. Lyon

Bloody Unlucky: Cummins and Starc

"India captain MS Dhoni has suspended for the fourth Test against Australia in Adelaide, starting January 24.

The ICC announced the suspension late Sunday following the Indian team's slow over rate in the third Test against Australia in Perth this week."

This is a bit harsh if you ask me.

"India captain MS Dhoni has suspended for the fourth Test against Australia in Adelaide, starting January 24.

The ICC announced the suspension late Sunday following the Indian team's slow over rate in the third Test against Australia in Perth this week."

Thats exactly what i just saw, pretty harsh and unlucky but im pretty sure when australia played india in India during 2008/09, ricky ponting got suspended for 1 match because of his slow over-rate.

Great Day at the WACA! :) Loved the atmosphere today, especially with the last 4 wickets going in two minutes! :)

India simply got Warnered and Hilfinated

Great win for the MIGHTY AUSSIES! :)

Let's go for a white wash

Very interesting puzzle for the selectors for the upcoming Ashes (So many players are firing)

My uninjured Test XI:

1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Cowan
4. Ponting
5. Clarke
6. Hussey
7. Paine
8. Pattinson
9. Siddle
10. Hilfenhaus
11. Lyon

Bloody Unlucky: Cummins and Starc

Watson won't open when Cowan is in the team and there's no way in hell Warner and Watson will open together.

Very harsh, considering the match lasted only 2 and a half days

---------- Post added 15-01-2012 at 09:19 PM ----------

Watson won't open when Cowan is in the team and there's no way in hell Warner and Watson will open together.

Cowan and Watson can be in the same team........

Yes, it is a bit adventurous to see Watto and Warner bat together, but imagine how exciting it would be

bo3197; said:
Cowan and Watson can be in the same team........

Yes, it is a bit adventurous to see Watto and Warner bat together, but imagine how exciting it would be

I never said they couldn't be in the same team?

And having 2 batters like Warner and Watson open is just plain stupidity. Would you really risk being 2 down early for excitement?

Back
Top Bottom