2009/10 Gear range

cricket_cox

Banned User
Real Name
Tim
eBay User
tim410au (visit my homepage link)
Though i'd start a talk about this summers range. The 09/10 GCCC catalogue has come out, I'd expect the Kingsgrove catalogue to come out soon too. And in WA Meulemans as well.

Adidas bats will be available this summer as too would Reebok but not sure about Nike. The big 4 in Australia are still the best for value GN, Kooka, Slaz and Puma.

Slaz and Puma have kept prices low for pads and glove which is good to see (im after some leather palm, segment fingers, large tab gloves).

I think the names of some bats are becoming a like the sound of characters in a Japanese Cartoon.

for example.

GN:
nitro
evo
xiphos

Kooka:
blade

Slaz:
hyper blade

Cmon! wheres the names like we used to have :)

Like the old ,
'powerspot'
'GC Masters'
'Dynadrive'
'Magnum'
'Jumbo'
'Supertusker'
no the don't name them like they used too!

Mind you 'The Bull' is right out of history too!!

I would love to keep updating my bats and cricket gear every couple of months. Sadly, its just not possible at the moment (and until i win lotto) hehe.

Right now im using a custom made bat from a batmaker in NZ. Awesome bat, only issue i have of right now is its 3lbs, and im going bad with the cut shots. Otherwise its beautiful.

I got some MRF pads off the bay for $35 to my door the other week. Will test them out this weekend. Would love some of the new ones, but again, just dont have $150 for pads atm.

I have a Viper 750 from last season as well. Was pretty sure it was marked down to a 750 due to the redwood in it, and it not been cosmetically acceptable lol. Its a beauty as well, 15 even straight grains i think it has. It was 2'6 so going from that to the 3lb bat....has been the major issue.

Otherwise the best bat i had ever used was a Fusion Players. It might not of sounded so good at times, but i hit the ball further with that bat than anything else ive ever had.

I have a Viper 750 from last season as well. Was pretty sure it was marked down to a 750 due to the redwood in it, and it not been cosmetically acceptable lol. .

Give you a little tip mate! Checkout how many Pro players have 'Rosewood' in their bats! It is sought after and not to be dismissed as inferior! I always choose the two tone rosewood bat if given the opportunity, i brought this home from England from my supplier finished it and sold it for $499!

Will soon have a couple more for this season too!

All the best
Dan

2'12 F.jpg

Oh too right with the 'rosewood'. My only problem i had was that i had it on the inside edge lol. Would of used it alot more on the outside :).

Nice looking bat you have there :). Do you do bat making courses by any chance? lol

Im keen on doing it as a hobby as well. I will even start on Pinewood, i dont care lol. I would love to get to England to have a look, but at the moment NZ is alot closer. I think i mentioned, i got a bat from NZ a couple of months back, and the batmaker is an absolute top bloke. So like what you did, one day i will get over and check it all out.

THat bat you have in your sig, i love it. I want to use it haha :). No doubt alot of people want to when they see it as well. It just looks like the ball would really ping off it.

Ah well, back to hand sewing my strap back onto my pads lol.

Would that be Laver and Wood in NZ!! Exquisite Bats!!

This is the most i have had, All sold now!

Nearly. Brand is MG2. Marty Graham is the batmakers name. He did his apprenticeship under James Laver of Laver & Wood :). Now out on his own making some bats. Couple of the NZ girls are using his bats, and also India were out there earlier this year. Tendulkar took a couple, and i think Dhoni and Harbhajan got one from memory as well.

I have some pictures of it Here
. Its sitting alongside the Viper i was talking about also. Viper is light 2'6, MG2 is 3lbs.
Love your bats there too :). So are you doing a 2nd batch?

Wow it is huge, you must hit them into the next county!!

Not yet i dont lol. Trouble been ive gone from that light bat to this heavier one. I have only had a couple of net sessions but its promising :). My cut shot has suffered though, last 5 innings i have been out cutting somehow. But its all just getting some practice with it.

Its coming together though. Driving, it feels great :). I did get a quick hit in the nets the other day, and if it wasnt for some fencing stopping it, it might of gone a long long way.

I got the heavier bat, cause i wasnt moving my wrists through the ball quick enough. So i thought a heavier bat would compensate for it lol. I think it has/will. Having said all that i am looking at getting a lighter one. Somewhere around 2'10 or so, with a higher middle.... you know, just for variety lol.

i like the new Kookaburra ricky ponting players...... retail price of a grand but reduced to $720 so they can sell more

I still have an old SS Oval Supercover out in the shed for backyard matches. If you want a lighter bat, also have an AP (All Pro) haha.

Hands up, if when you have kids, you will be like that Father on the foxtel ad? Where he runs in from 20 paces and bowls the kid haha. I will be for sure. Espescially if my kid gives me a bit of tap.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

ill probably get a pair of the new top slazenger gloves, grew out of my old fusion 1000 gloves. also got a new $600 SS from india on the way from a friend

I have to really go on the hunt for cricket gloves. My palms are fairly wide, so i have issues with getting my hand in them. Last pair i had were Impala ones, $100 and they have lasted me around ...20 innings :(. None of substantial scores either haha.

So yeah, next time...well we will see what i can get on my mitts.

also, when you get that bat, take some pics :)

oh yes i would like to test one of those out :). Looking at there gloves though, i mean im more a ...if they fit then sweet person, but damn they are ugly lol.

Sunday night update
Today i made 91, got out 2nd last ball of the innings knowing i had to get 10 to get the ton. Finally had a good innings with the new bat. Boy is it nice. Im almost thinking about ordering another one they are so good :). In the process, i could of broken 1 of the bowlers hands. It was getting towards the end of the innings, and i smashed the (insert expletive here) ball back at him. It hit him before he moved lol. He came out to bat later on in the day, and he was telling me his hand was swollen and wasnt moving real well. Ah well, if he let it go, i would of got 4.... his fault lol.

Back
Top Bottom