2008 nrl centenary grrrr

1967Sharks

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
eBay User
1967sharks
Whats the deal with preselling cards you do not have? I have seen a few listings on Ebay that i didnt quite agree with. Preselling common sets, boxes or folders i think is fine, but selling inserts that are 1 a box with 7(immortals) or 18(T.O.C Foil Sigs) to collect i think when you do not have them is a bit too far.
Whats next selling individual redemptions complete with the serial number you will receive? I think predetermining a cards worth before release is for experts and not for ebayers preying on the eagerly anticipated. This set will be awesome but for me some of the gloss has already worn off.
I hope its not like Jerry Maguires mission statement and im on my own here:(
Would be interested in others opinions on this matter or related issues.

"These fish have manners. In fact, the fish are coming with me"

This is a big thing in non sports, cases, incentives & master sets are on ebay all the time. Great read on Non Sports Update forum about this issue and the incentive cards that dealers can get that they might not have to fork out any money for if they sell 10 cases presell.

I dont thinks its a problem if its a large dealer who always busts case upon case of releases as long as you have a guarantee for the card with a refund.

Yeah i was thinking a fairly similar thing about people selling cards they dont even know if they are going to have, like this listing:

2008 NRL Select Centenary case card - eBay Sets, Trading Cards, NRL, Rugby League, Sport. (end time 21-Jul-08 20:02:13 AEST)

Doesn't even specify which one of the 3 cards you will be getting!!

I know a lot of sellers try to pre-sell as much as possible to help make sure they can afford to buy a few extra cases which imo is fine, as long as they buy enough cases to ensure that they will be able to fulfil the pre-orders.

I think you would be pretty safe with Lance (Daytrader), he busts a ****load of stuff. Should prob specify you can pick which one though lol.

Just saw the sell sheet for that set, looking like a might fine release.

yeah ive bought a few things from him before but was just a little surprised that there was no specifying of which card it was or if you could choose :p

Back
Top Bottom