2007 AFL Premiership season official thread.

Kerr is out 6 weeks?! when did that happen?! I need to watch the news more ;) lol...

we have lost Max Hudghton and Bangers from last week (+ Baker) but Kosi is back...could be a good game...Glass v Gehrig will be one to watch

From AFL.com.au

Kerr to have surgery
12:15 PM Wed 22 August, 2007 | Back

By Gary Stocks

for westcoasteagles.com.au

News
Champion West Coast Eagles midfielder Daniel Kerr will today undergo surgery to re-attach a ruptured tendon on the ring finger of his left hand.

Kerr damaged the finger during last Saturday's victory against Richmond and spent several days considering his options before deciding last night, in consultation with the club's medical staff, that he would undergo corrective surgery.

Kerr will be sidelined for five to six weeks, but could be available if the club plays deep into the finals series. It is the same injury that caused centre half-forward Ashley Hansen to miss six weeks earlier this season.

In other news, young midfielder Jamie McNamara has been promoted to the senior list to replace Ashley Sampi, who was placed on the long-term, injury list a fortnight ago.

Fitzroy has disappeared in the eyes of the AFL, who now throw bags of money at any club who needs money these days (hands up for Carlton, Melbourne, Kangaroos, Western Bulldogs; actually any club could claim they need cash and get a blank cheque in the mail the next day it seems)

You do realise that for taking a hand out all these teams no longer have 9Mil Salary cap, but rather something alot closer to 8Mil yeah? Hardly a free hand out. That much less salary cap is a big loss...
Also mate, this descision was not Maths. It didn't go to the Match Review Panal which does all the maths work, it went straight to the Tribuneral which is the old system in which a player is judged.

Ryman...Uhhh if Baker had 127.5 points left over, he'd have been serving an extra week suspension already cause 100 points = 1 week. Not possible unless there's something I don't understand about this system?

Don't know what Baker did, don't like the guy, but for something that wasn't even caught on video 7 matches does seem excessive...

You do realise that for taking a hand out all these teams no longer have 9Mil Salary cap, but rather something alot closer to 8Mil yeah? Hardly a free hand out. That much less salary cap is a big loss...
Also mate, this descision was not Maths. It didn't go to the Match Review Panel which does all the maths work, it went straight to the Tribuneral which is the old system in which a player is judged.

Ryman...Uhhh if Baker had 127.5 points left over, he'd have been serving an extra week suspension already cause 100 points = 1 week. Not possible unless there's something I don't understand about this system?

Don't know what Baker did, don't like the guy, but for something that wasn't even caught on video 7 matches does seem excessive...

Clubs have to use at least 92.5 percent of the salary cap, it's actually higher from memory but I cant remember the exact amount. I think clubs are only allowed to use 95 or 97.5 percent; its 92.5 at the least, and I think it was the Kangaroos who paid there players that much.

The 92.5 per cent rule was started in the mid 90's when Fitzroy was going broke, and was designed to prevent the Lions from reducing salaries to an embarrassing level to survive, and possibly to help force the club to the financial wall.

I wasnt having a go at the current clubs needing cash; the AFL should be helping out clubs with cash problems, but they should have helped out Fitzroy as well, and I know it wouldnt be easy to apply for it, it would probably bit of a downer for the club.

Clubs needing money should just do what Geelong did and rip off the Westpac (i think)they owed 4 million a few years back, by getting a loan from the Bendigo for 2.9m and asking the Westpac if they paid it back in a week, how much would the Westpac accept... THAT was classic, and even better it was the Cats.

Also, I thought the AFL had rid themselves of the judging process; I thought that was only used if you didnt accept the match review panels demerit points. You learn something every day :p

Yeah i don't understand either but that's what it said in an article on AFL.com

The AFL is a load of crap...how do u suspend a bloke for SEVEN WEEKS where the is no video footage, the bloke he suposedly hit doesnt remember it and the only witness is THE OPPOSITION trainer...Way to go AFL you ****ERS!

:lol: Great timing I say :lol:

Well, Kerr is out for 6 weeks, Judd and Cousins are hurt, saints are a huge chance to win but don't know there injury situation.

Yup - I think the Saints will get up on this one......BTW - Baker should have got seven weeks CREDIT (for future suspensions) for taking out Farmer (lol)

:lol: Great timing I say :lol:

Yeh it sucks coz Baker niggles the crap out of the WCE mid field...i remember he got Judd to elbow him a few years back and Judd was suspended...although with Kerr out and probably Cousins and Judd too it evens it up

Yup - I think the Saints will get up on this one......BTW - Baker should have got seven weeks CREDIT (for future suspensions) for taking out Farmer (lol)

LOL...Farmer is a wanker - Baker didnt do a good enough job for the fact that he got up and is playing this week...

LOL...Farmer is a wanker - Baker didnt do a good enough job for the fact that he got up and is playing this week...

Yeah but any time that jerk is floored is a bonus for me......I am so glad he went to Freo when WCE & Freo were trying to get him. It would have been so hard to cheer him !!!!!!!

Well The AFL are a bunch of dickheads!

They accept that he stopped in front of Farmer and he ran into him and they still suspend him for 7 weeks

Bunch of PRICKS!

Friday night is going to be an uneasy night for Saints and Lions supporters :blink:. With finals on the line they will actually find themselves barracking for Collingwood to Win against Adelaide :eek:. There's a first for everything i guess :D:

Back
Top Bottom