2007 AFL NAB Cup thread

nathan jones is going to have a breakout year saw plenty of the ball and used it well and still was able to keep mitchell his direct oppenent to limited ball exposure.

Funny then that Mitchell had a direct hand in many of our goals with some awesome handballs its not the number of possessions mate, its the quality.... just look at Richo teams can hold him to 30 possies... but he ahs done little damage with them... yet on other days he can have 10 touches and richmond romp it in cos he's kicked 6 with thos etouches... its about quality, and Mitch was pure class last night!

yer because hes a foward and he is Richmonds #1 option for goal. Of course he is going to have games where he boots 6 goals of limited disposal.
i listened to the game and all the commentators were saying the same thing, and from what i was hearing Nathan Jones was wearing mitchell like a glove which is a preety good effort because he is a 2nd year and my age at that lol and he also gathered 22+ possies.

but I was watching! not saying jones didn't do a good job, but mitch had some quality posessions feeding the guys thast dominated in hodge mcglynn and lewis.... he didn't get 30 so i spose jones can hang his hat on that, but i liked what mitch did.... always weaving through traffic with great awareness....

I remember how all you could talk about was Hawthorn last year (W34), until they couldn't make the finals :lol: It's Pre-Season mate, don't talk it up yet !

I remember how all you could talk about was Hawthorn last year (W34), until they couldn't make the finals :lol: It's Pre-Season mate, don't talk it up yet !

yer lucky i'm too lazy or I would find the thread where I predicted they would have 8 wins for the year..... i think they had 9 or 10.... so really I wasn't expecting finals, I just enjoyed every consistent performance :D

I expect 10 wins for sure this year.... 12 if we play consistently!

man the dogs got run all over. everyone is saying brisbane arent going to be a good team this year, but the way they played against the dogs they can easily finish top ten. i still think the lions jersey needs a bit more colour.

I know, I had a gut feeling that Brisbane would win but I didn't have the balls to put some $$$ on it - Damn !

Now that I didn't expect !

Mind you didn't Carlton win the Pre-Season and then come last in the Propper season a couple of years ago ?

carlton deserved to win, we didn't finish our chances, but um send fevola to country league to learn to play rather than to whinge at the slightest nudge... and we could have done with some of the tiggy touchwood free kicks too (in our forward zone like carlton seemed to get a lot).

yeah the umpires were a bit slack for us too. i think fev is only playing by the rules of the nab cup. if he feels a hand in his back he'll play for the free.

and whta about #30... he got an arm over the shoulder went down like he was shot int he face.... I think that is wrong, and should be a bookable offence for a fine perhaps and ineligibility form the brownlow... as acting like that is against the fairness of the game and thus you are no longer the fairest.... but thats just me...

and send Buddy back to VFL I don't want show ponies... I want team players....

hehe i saw that and jarrad waite got nominated for the logies for that act, in my opinion. buddy has to cool down a bit after he kicks a goal, unless your 30 points up.

and whta about #30... he got an arm over the shoulder went down like he was shot int he face.... I think that is wrong, and should be a bookable offence for a fine perhaps and ineligibility form the brownlow... as acting like that is against the fairness of the game and thus you are no longer the fairest.... but thats just me...

and send Buddy back to VFL I don't want show ponies... I want team players....

Sound like Premier league game :lol:

Personally I don't like all these new rules being tested out in the Pre-Season games......the game is fine - Leave it alone !

man the dogs got run all over. everyone is saying brisbane arent going to be a good team this year, but the way they played against the dogs they can easily finish top ten. i still think the lions jersey needs a bit more colour.

your right on both counts. jersey does need some more colour. and i think its top 8 this year for the Lions :)

I know, I had a gut feeling that Brisbane would win but I didn't have the balls to put some $$$ on it - Damn !

whatever :p

Besides the umpires this game was pretty good to watch. I have never been a fan of B.Fevola but he has the potential to go a long way, he just needs to focus more on playing the football and less on having a whinge and showing off.

I got to help put the banner up at the beginning of the game :D the only highlight of the day, since the crowd was way too pro carlton.... but it was a good game, we never let ourselves get out of it, and if only for better execution could have beaten the umpires influence.

Back
Top Bottom