1997/98 Select Cricket

Thanks mate - love these live box opening threads! Nothing better than having a whole box to go through hoping for that elusive pull!

I remember buying a box and pulling a Blewett/Waugh and then seeing they were selling for about $30 - i've always thought it's a way underpriced card given the odds are 1:250 packs.

Brad

Yep values are funny. Lower end inserts like 1:4, 1:6 start at 0.99c yet people sell holofoils 1:1 for $1.

Yeah 90s cards (NRL aswell) are funny like that, impossible to pull but cheap to buy.
When you think about the Partnership card 7000 boxes were made, so theres still like 1000 of these cards so $30 sounds about right.
Thanks guys for the kind words. Cheers

I remember when the 94/95 cricket came out - i bought 2 boxes and at least 150 packs and got 1 signature card (Steve Waugh). Makes me wonder about the card shop i was buying them from that i hardly got any inserts from the packs i bought there.

But out of well over 200 packs i never pulled a Border hologram and didn't know anyone who got one straight from a pack - now they are everywhere on ebay and sell for under $10 - in fact recently i bought 8 of them for $50 including postage.

Seems everyone knows someone who knew someone who got heaps of sigs and holograms- but as far as the 94/95 packs went it definitely wasn't me!

Brad

Back
Top Bottom