1996 Futera Heritage Player Edition signed set for sale plus more

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineneedlebeetle

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Russell
Hi guys,
for those who know me I have sold most of my collection.
I am back in Australia until 15 January then heading back overseas until October.
I have still got my 1996 Futera Heritage Player Edition signed set which includes a Keith Miller signed card, Leo O'Brien card and a numbered header card. This is currently listed on ebay but I prefer to sell to an OCT member if possible at substantially less than the listed price. I also have a number of complete subsets of different series and some other interesting bits that I am prepared to throw in to anyone from here who is interested in buying the Heritage set (I don't want to sell them individually).

My ebay name is also pineneedlebeetle

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1996-Fu...757569?hash=item3afcd28281:g:Cw0AAOSwQN5aUD7O

A rare offering as the set consists of signatures from all 12 of the team which comprised "The Invincibles", including Sir Donald Bradman. The remaining signature cards are comprised of notable cricketers from this era. Also included is a Header Card from the general release set and a rare signed Keith Miller card (he signed only 100 cards after the sets were released). 12 Invincibles alone in a signed card set is unprecedented and can never be repeated, and of course Bradman is the standout flagship of the series.

The Keith Miller card is numbered #469 and from information available from the internet it appears that when Futera ceased business the company which took over sent 100 cards to Keith Miller who subsequently signed them. As some sets have been split up and some individual signed Keith Miller cards have been sold it appears that there are less than 100 sets which would have a signed Keith Miller card. With this set I have the Leo O'Brien unsigned card and a general release Header card, numbered #474. Included is a photocopy of the letter sent to Tom Veivers explaining the purpose of the set and the way the proceeds would be divided between the Bradman Trust and the Crusaders Trust (supporting young cricketers).

Background: Cricket Heritage Signature Card Collection (60) was released by Futera in 1996 with 500 numbered sets released to general public. Of the 60 cards, 58 were personally signed in at the time of release. Leo O'Brien was initially intended to be the #1 card, however he was gravely ill and passed away prior to completion and signing, therefore a header card was substituted for card #1. The other unsigned card is #11, Keith Miller, who was either unable or unwilling to sign.

There were also 200 Players Edition Signature Card Sets (60) produced. This players edition signature card set is exactly the same signature cards set, but released to the cricketers who were included in the series (and for those who signed the intended next 2 series). The Player Edition is not numbered but has "Player / 500" in silver foil print on the back to replace the number. In the "Player" signed sets Leo O'Brien still appears as card #1, not the Header card as with the set numbered of 500. As only 200 sets were released, it is hard to find the Players Edition heritage signature cards. A number of the Player Edition sets have been split up and cards sold individually.

Of the 59 players featuring in Series 1, 20 at least have sinced passed away - Don Bradman, Bill Brown, Ern Toshack, Fred Freer, Geff Noblet, Jack Moroney, Ian Johnson, Doug Ring, Keith Miller, George Tribe, Ray Lindwall, Bill Johnston, Ken Meuleman, George Thoms, Jimmy De Courcy, Peter Burge, Ron Archer, Norman O'Neill, Neil Hawke and Richie Benaud.

There are currently 2 standard numbered Heritage sets on ebay for around $2,400. Given this is the case a Player Edition set should be worth as much or more as that set (especially as it includes more in the lot ie Leo O'Brien additional card and letter from Sir Donald Bradman).

Cards are on double thickness stock (960gsm board) and were all sent out to the players in the set for signing and subsequently returned to Futera.

Heritage Cricket Head Card

1. Leo O'Brien

31. Ron Archer

2. Don Bradman

32. Brian Booth

3. Bill Brown

33. Ron Gaunt

4. Ern Toshack

34. Des Hoare

5. Fred Freer

35. Lindsay Kline

6. Ron Hamence

36. Peter Philpott

7. Geff Noblet

37. Peter Allan

8. Jack Moroney

38. Ian Craig

9. Ian Johnson

39. Ken Eastwood

10. Doug Ring

40. Ian Meckiff

11. Keith Miller

41. Keith Slater

12. George Tribe

42. Barry Jarman

13. Ray Lindwall

43. Bob Simpson

14. Sam Loxton

44. Colin Guest

15. Bill Johnston

45. Bill Lawry

16. Arthur Morris

46. Norman O'Neill

17. Ken Meuleman

47. Tom Veivers

18. Len Maddock

48. John Gleeson

19. Geoirge Thoms

49. Frank Mission

20. Jimmy De Courcy

50. Grodon Rorke

21. Ken Archer

51. Barry Shepherd

22. Neil Harvey

52. Graeme Thomas

23. Colin McDonald

53. Alan Connolly

24. Alan Davidson

54. Neil Hawke

25. John Rutherford

55. Robert Cowper

26. Richie Benaud

56. Rex Sellers

27. Bill Watson

57. Keith Stackpole

28. Peter Burge

58. Brian Taber

29. Gavin Stevens

59. Grahame Corling

30. Pat Crawford

60.Graham McKenzie

A regretful sale as I have been forced to sell my entire cricket card collection which spanned 40 yrs of collecting. Please forward details so that I can communicate with the winning bidder after the auction to ensure I can package and forward the goods according to your instructions, ie insurance etc. I am back in Australia only for a short time and leave on 15 January and won't return to Australia until October so this will be the only chance to pick up this truly unique set as an investment and be the envy of your friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom