10 years on.....

Jordan95

OzCardTrader
Hi Everyone! I just stumbled on this forum whilst doing my annual search for an update on the value of my NBA cards. I havent actually bought any cards for almost 10 years since I left highschool (besides a few off Ebay), it really was the craze back then!
I pretty much have every Michael Jordan card up until the end of the 94/95 series, I also have many RCs and inserts of other major players of the early 90s. I was Jordan mad (and still am!) and therefore concentrated most of my card collecting around his cards. I will post my card collections and want lists soon. I also have many doubles which I will list for sale.
Can anyone tell me if there are any clubs/shops/events in Brisbane for NBA cards? In previous years I have just ordered my Beckett via the US, can I get it anywhere in Australia? Is there any other websites I should visit based on my interests?
I look forward to becoming a regular poster on this forum and offer my assistance, albeit only for pre 1995 topics as I dont have too much knowledge on NBA cards after 1996. Thanks.
Alan.

Gday Al,

I think you'll find your in good company here on ozcards, a lot of us are old school collectors from the early 90s that caught the collecting bug again, and theres plenty of MJ collectors too.

I use the online beckett subscription, it works out a lot cheaper than shipping the mag over (unless u REALLY like the articles :) ) its $5US for a month and about $25 a year so good value.

anyway enjoy your time here

Cheers

Jeremy.

Welcome...as a fellow new member i am sure you will enjoy the firum as much as i do!!!!

Ben

Welcome! Great to see another early 90's collector. :D

Checkout our want and for sale lists for potential deals. Enjoy!

Justin

hi
welcome to the forum, hope ya have fun here, i get my beckett from the local newsagency or you can get it off ebay, one of the forum members her sells them , cant remember , anyway , welcome :D

Welcome to the boards mate.

As all the others have said you are in great company here.

I am sure you will fine many deals to be had.

Hello fellow Newbie! :D

I hope Ur having as much fun as I am.

About Beckett, I also subscribe from US, but it usually arrives about 1-2 months later. If you don't want the whole years worth, then it will be better that you try find a place in Brissie to get it from. Look at newsagents. Some still occassionally sell them. Also there may be some card shops still around. There used to be one at fortitude Valley.

Otherwise look in EBay. One of the members of this list get them in and lists them on EBay (Australia), so have a look.

Happy Christmas! :D

Ersk

Thanks for the welcomes everyone. Does anyone know who the member is that sells the Becketts? Also, what is the current sale terms for NBA cards here? For example, if a card is listed as BV US$20, how much A$ does everyone expect to pay? Thanks.
Alan.
ps-my Ebay ID is "ploooze"

I don't remember who it was, but here are a couple of sellers on EBay who list current Becketts for sale:
allstar_cards_inc
jmallitt15

About pricing, have a look at some of the other boards. It sounds like it depends on how hot or not the player is, and whether there is a keen collector of that player here.

If the card's hot (like Exquisite) then probably close to Beckett, if its an old insert (not too flash) then probably 10-25% beckett (if anyone's willing to buy it).

Ersk

Back
Top Bottom