1.5 Cases 2010 Ultimate Basketball + 3 Boxes Press Pass Legends = 1 Happy Camper

Roydngr

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ray
Hi all, this is my first box break post cuz I was saving it for a good one :D
Here's a quick rundown: I got sick of buying single boxes of UD looking for that elusive MJ auto and only ; decided to grab 23 ( lucky # ;) ) boxes of 2010 Ultimate Collection from Dacardworld (Premier pricing took the sting out a bit!) & a few boxes of 08-09 PP Legends to try to score a D. Rose auto... things could've turned out a lot worse ;)

UD Ultimate Basketall 10-11 results:

Rick Fox base auto /99
Adrian Dantley base auto /99 :mad:
Tim Hardaway base auto /99 :cool:
Walter Davis base auto /75
Glen Rice base auto /75
Anfernee Hardaway base auto /99 :thumbsup:
Darrell Griffith base auto /99
T-Mac 97 Legends auto not #'d
Mark Jackson 97 Legends auto not #'d :mad:
T-Mac Ultimate Sigs /99
Bob Lanier Ultimate Sigs /99
Mark Jackson Ultimate Sigs /99
George Lynch Ultimate Sigs /99 (I know, I know, not so good thus far but bare with me!)
Bill Walton Ultimate All-Time Draft /75
Calbert Cheaney Ultimate All-Time Draft /75
Phil Ford Ultimate All-Time Draft /75 :(
Mateen Cleaves Big Game Sigs /75 :(
Deon Thompson Ultimate Rookie Sigs /99 :(

Now things start looking up:

Christian Laettner Ultimate Personal Touch (My Hero: "Your Hero" :lol:WTF???) /25
Ricky Rubio Ultimate Personal Touch (My Hero: "Braveheart") :cool::cool::cool: /25

Now the Ultimate 'Hits'!

Derrick Rose/ Danny Manning Ultimate Rivalries /25:woot:
Derrick Rose Ultimate All-Time Team /5 =D>

And finally the reason I came back to the game...

Michael Jordan Ultimate Sigs On-Card /23!!!!:worthy:
Lucky the house was empty when I pulled this (my first MJ auto!), cuz I was screaming like a teeny bopper at a Bieber concert!!

IMG_2465-1.jpg

IMG_2464-1.jpg

Press Pass Legends did not deliver the D.Rose auto I was looking for but I was not complaining! Here are the hits:

Bobby Hurley Select Sigs (Red Auto):cool:
Kosta Koufos Select Sigs (Red Auto)
Gail Goodrich Select Sigs
Calvin Murphy Select Sigs
Bernard King Select Sigs
Sidney Moncrief Select Sigs
Courtney Lee Select Sigs (signed "Lucky" :thumbsup:)
Henry Bibby Select Sigs
Anthony Randolph Select Sigs
Bailey Howell Select Sigs ("Go Dawgs" inscription)
Bailey Howell Legendary Legacy auto /213
Corliss Williamson Legendary Legacy auto /165
Derrick Rose Select Swatches GU
Russell Westbrook Select Swatches GU
Anthony Randolph Select Swatches 3-colour Patch /50 :cool:

And my lucky streak continued with these 2 awesome pulls:

James Worthy Printing Plate (Cyan) 1/1 :D
Larry Bird Base Parallel 1/1 :woot:

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2466.jpg

Gonna slow things right down after this break... two cases of All Time Greats Basketball coming at month's end - here's to more Jordan magic!

Everything NFS/NFT right now, building my collection up ;)

Thanks for looking!

Wow! That's sick as man :D 2x 1/1's .. 2x Rose auto .. 1x MJ auto .. pure awesomeness!! :thumbsup: :woot:

Huge congrat on the MJ mojo pull (on card auto)!! The bird 1/1 its bad boy~!!!!

Wow - could have bought yourself several Jordan autos instead mate! However, the Ultimate on card is pretty awesome and the Bird 1/1 is a killer card.... Might have gotten better odds with a case of 10 11 SP Authentic

well done mate sweet cards, i pulled my first kobe autos on utube and i looked like a complete dick, but that's what this hobby is about, the love for it. i think some people are all about the money side of it, and to me is really really sad. so well done i hope i to can one day pull a Jordan card and scream like a ....well i would probably cry ha-ha

At least you pulled the autos you were after. Gotta agree with Skip though you could've purchased what you wanted and had money left over although busting is fun and addictive.

Congrats on the breaks mate, must be awesome pulling that MJ auto, as well D. Rose and a 1/1 Bird :D

At least you pulled the autos you were after. Gotta agree with Skip though you could've purchased what you wanted and had money left over although busting is fun and addictive.

That's what I thought last weekend after busting 2 Classics boxes to get a Blake Griffin auto :lol: Was so much fun though and seeing the wife pull it from a pack was so much better than getting it in the mail.

Thanks for the replies guys :)
Heh, I could've purchased well over a dozen MJ auto cards given the money I've spent on the hobby during the past few months (though I've picked up a few other non cardboard memorabilia pieces!)... but it would've defeated the purpose of me taking up collecting in the first place!
The nostalgia bug has hit me hard (I'll be the big 3-0 next year :/) and the excitement of pulling an extra special card from a random pack evokes a feeling that takes me back to the carefree days of my childhood (92-93 Upper Deck Shaq RC SP! Woot!!). This is something that cannot be replicated through an ebay purchase. Anyway, sorry to ramble... I appreciate the comments and am looking forward to being a part of this great community :D GL with your busts this weekend!

Very nice hits mate!
I'm always saying that ultimate is the product of the year. This product is loaded with good autos and is currently at very good price!

Hi, first congratulations for this awesome break and then if you change your mind and decide to sell some of the stuff you just pulled, I'm very interested in buying the James Worthy plate.

Pleasel let me know

Thanks a lot
JP

What an AWESOME Bust and that is one brilliant MJ Auto - I WANT IT!

I have only pulled one MJ Auto myself and I waited years for it so I know how you felt, thanks for sharing a great bust!

Back
Top Bottom