1/1 my ass!!!

forcefedcc

If your 555 then im 666
I would just like to get everyones opinion about all the (apparently)1/1's that are suddenly popping up everywhere after the fleer bankruptcy..these are cards that have been put aside before they went out of business and werent numbered ,didnt have a patch,auto etc etc....this whole thing with people trying to flog off cards as 1/1's is really fucking me off.You see shit like 1/50 and suddenly its a 1/1 just because it was the first one out of the 50 released. :roll: ..then you got #d to jersey numbers ..i mean what a load of shit..

For that matter every card that was issued in a limited number series are ALL 1/1's.
Personally i like cards that are #d to a players jersey number only because its that little extra special but in no way would i claim it to be a 1/1.

This whole thing is way out of hand and all i can say is that people who are trying to get the most $$$ for their cards on ebay are to blame..IF IT HASNT GOT 1 OF 1 written on it then ITS NOT 1/1 ! :twisted:

let me know what you think guys :D

It's really simple.

If it's not stamped a 1/1, it's not a 1/1. Having a premium (numbered to player's jersey#) is different to a 1/1, but it has become the common word for cards with premiums.

eBay proves anyways that these types of "1/1's" always have a premium to them. ;)

Agree with you, there Forcey, that only 1/1 is true 1/1. ebay is a buyers market, so the sellers need to get all the attention they can to attract people to their auctions, hoping to maximise selling price. To do this they claim 1/1 (even with box sellers, who proclaim you may pull a 1/1 from a box, however remote that may prove to be).

Back
Top Bottom