'08 Teamcoach - Silver Variations

footycard

Banned User
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
footycard
Hi all,

Has anyone completed this set and have a listing of the different questions?

typical of teamcoach really, every year they try and produce things like this, whether they are error type cards or whatever, try and be contraversial so they can sell more boxes as they know that completist collectors will chase all the variations, oh well.

anyways so I've been trying to work out how to ID the variations without having to spell out every question, but it doesn't look like it can be done easily, why couldn't they have a marking like a-b-c-d so it makes it easier to chase what your missing?

as your probably aware there are 4 different silver cards per player, the 4th variation of silvers come in footy records on match days apparently, making them extrememly difficult to find on the market i'm finding.

maybe people here could make up a checklist? like list the Q cards you have and aventually we can have a complete checklist to go by?
would be great if it could be done.

with 3 different silvers in packs, that affectively makes the silvers 50% rarer than the golds in total production!
that hasn't become evident at this stage but down the track it will be more obvious i think.

Just off topic a little bit...do you know how you get thee captain wildcards? are they given to auskick and the like, or are they available somewhere?

can't speak for this year but last year i noticed team captain wildcards were included in a kids magazine (kidzone, i think) available from newsagents etc. hope this helps...

it's worth checking at the newsagent for it, most of 'em have it and it costs about 4 bucks.

seems easier than paying a guy on ebay a premium to go do it instead imo...

regards shane

they are $3.50 a mag, it's actually a great little mag for kids, competitions ect. win a sealed box too.
you get one card and there's 4 different cards per issue, last issue it was, ess - freo - rich - bulldogs. there was 4 in the previous gee - ade - kan - wce, so 8 cards in two issues to go.

Regarding the silver cards, there are 166 different cards with 3 variations/different questions and 16 different players with a logo back (1 from each team) that were inserted to the front of the footy record earlier in the season, the only one i know of is from the kangaroos is the Daniel Harris card.

**** with so many different ways of getting so many different cards, a master set must be almost impossible to complete...well, unless youre very committed!

There are 3 people i know who are very very committed then shall we say, they are going for the 3 variation backs and the footy record versions. with all the questions you could have a great game of footy's version of trivial pursuit.

Back
Top Bottom