Tap 'N' Play Australian Cricket Legends - Signature Series (Signed Card Images on Page 2)

I think the Tap n Play signature card release would work well either as a stand-alone product (as it currently is) or as a redemption in packs product (who knows what the future will hold?).

I also think that personal economics comes into it as well - some collectors invest their "free" money in other areas of collecting or their personal life so in my case I simply purchase signature cards that I am after as it is easier and preferable. I am not in a position financially to bust boxes in the HOPE of getting the cards. I am also not a set or insert collector.

That said (and further to my earlier point, Madam Speaker :) ), if there was a guaranteed signature card of one of the Tap n Play Legends in each box then yep, I'd be keen to have a crack at it as I wouldn't really care who I ended up with, such are the players involved.

I'm a commons man, and buy insert sets depending on what I like and affordability. I prefer the sigs in packets and love that sig bust glow. But that said, I can't begrudge companies catering to collectors preferences if they want stand alone sig cards. If they can have a sustainable business model to keep them in business, produce annual sets and sell high-end direct, then so be it Jedi. However, in this economic climate, I can't justify dropping $1500+ on 7 cards…no matter what they may be worth now or later. Doesn't stop from being insanely jealous...

Have to agree about the $1700 for the full set in one go being a lot of money, but they are available individually.

As an example, I have the Steve Waugh card.

Sure I would have loved to have pulled something like this from packs, but if you look at the NRL cards, I busted a couple of boxes and didnt pull any of the sigs I wanted so what did I do.....went to ebay to buy them off someone who did.

I think buying them outright is often better than taking the gamble of getting them randomly, especially given the chances you might end up with doubles of some and none of others. I think the price is the issue. $250 a pop is something not everyone can afford or can justify spending, hence the comment from Chris resonates with me "doesn't stop from being insanely jealous" lol

I agree having them being sold individually is a good move too.

But I'm a greedy so and so. :)

And I collect NRL too, and with Souths winning the premiership - and 2 different premiers sets, one set for me, and two for my two boys of both sets blew a hole in the budget big time.

At the risk of pushing back an already way overdue release further. (Should be out November or begining of December at the very latest IMO. January is way to late for a cricket release - unless its series 2 :) )

Why not a tribute card of Phillip Hughes to replace the one or one's they had planned.

Limited to /63

It really depends on CA but a tribute card would be a very fitting farewell

I agree, would love to see a tribute card included in a set or for sale with proceeds going to a charity etc.

I think it will get to that point in the future where companies can start doing things to honour his memory (most likley once charities are set up), however at present I get the feeling that its still a bit too soon for CA and they are a bit unsure how to handle it.

Especially given how something like this hasnt happened before.

From memory, when David Hookes passed away a decade ago there was a Channel Nine tribute and also the book "Remembering Hookesy". I think as time passes there will be something/s for fans to remember PH408 by but I guess it does cross over into the "crass/cashing in on tragedy" area at this very early stage and we would probably all be very uneasy and in fact outraged if tomorrow Channel Nine started flogging memorabilia about him.

If you don't mind me asking, how have these full sets been selling? Close to sold out yet or what?

If you don't mind me asking, how have these full sets been selling? Close to sold out yet or what?

I have heard over half of the full sets (20 i believe) put aside have been sold and the singles have been selling well as well.

I was just wondering if the numbering for each card is in a sharpie,or foil stamped?

Hand numbered.

Back
Top Bottom