Gerald/hairytrojan/MJ23COLLECTOR CHEATED ME !!!!!!

Bolli

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Mohammad Reza Agha Ali Tari
Hello Community,

I talked many times with Gerald (Gerald/hairytrojan/MJ23COLLECTOR, Ebay user ID windycitysportscards) on msn messanger. We had a good relationship. We made a deal around three month ago. I bought 2 cards (07/08 UD Black 50th Anniversary autograph 1/1 of Robert Parish and K.-A. Jabbar). I asked him before he shipped the cards if the condition is good (I always ask this question). He told me yes and I payed.

I got the cards and one of them is here...

I contacted him and he told me that I can send back both cards. I told him that just one card is damage and I would like to send the Parish back (he lied because and said that I got a combined price, I need to send both cards back, I told him he should have a look on the history of msn messenger and he will see that we talked about 2 seperate prices).

Then I heard a looooooong time nothing from him. Everytime I tried to talk to him about the situation he blocked (ohhhh I have to go, and he gone offline). Today I wrote him once again and now he say "you try to sell the cards on ebay so now I won´t accept that you want to send the cards back".

Hahahahaha...just ridiculous. In my opinion that´s not the behaviour of a serious Collector and I just want to warn you! The true character shows when there is a problem.

Best regards

Bolli

Gerald likes to play the 'cool guy' on Hobby Kings yet when you see his true colours you know he's just another greedy scumbag in this 'hobby'.

However, are you selling the cards on eBay like he says? If so, it is reasonable to expect that you are keeping them for yourself.

Hello,

I didn´t start a claim because I thought it´s possible to talk to him like a honest man and specially because he is a big seller/collector. I never thought that his behaviour is like this. I put the card on ebay (with clear photos of the damages) after I saw he is a liar! Till this moment I thought we can clear the problem like men.

I´m very disappointed!

Did you carry this out on eBay? Or PayPal at least?

I'm not sure how either one will handle a claim, especially as you've tried to sell the card onwards...

We made a deal out of ebay. He offered me the cards on msn messenger.

I asked him before he shipped the cards if the condition is good (I always ask this question). He told me yes and I payed.

Just a quick note, you did ask him if it was in 'good' condition.

Good would be equivalent to BGS 2!
"Centering: 90/10 both ways or better on front. 100/0 or offcut on back. Noticeable diamond cutting is allowed. Corners: Noticeably rounded or heavily notched corners with moderate layering. Edges: Severely chipped, notched or layered. Surface: Severe print spots. Noticeable creases. Noticeable color or focus imperfections. Noticeable border discoloration. Heavy wax stains. Moderate ink mark or tape stain. A surface devoid of gloss. Noticeable scuffing or a noticeable tear."

To technically it would be "good". And so he did actually advise you correctly.

You may need to be more precise when asking what condition the card is in. You would instead put it on them - "What condition is the card in?"

Ersk

Just noticed that you have it listed on ebay for $600 or best offer???
And your item condition says:
"Like New: An item that looks as if it was just taken out of shrink wrap. No visible wear, and all facets of the item are flawless and intact. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections."

Only in the fourth sentence of the item description you mention "3 bends" - something doesn't seem right here?

Thanks for informations. I changed "like new" in "good". I started many auctions and forgot to change the button but I made good pictures and wrote in the description that the card is damage so nobody will really believe that I tried to hide something ;)

I asked Gerald if the card has any damages. I know that in the USA (and Australia too) good condition means something like "damage card". In Germany good condition means => the card is just in nice condition (so no bends, no damage corners or surface). Not BGS 9.5 but good enough to keep the card in the PC.

I got one picture (not very good quality) from him and I was not sure if the condition is acceptable for me so I asked him for it and he told me that there is no problem with the condition.

However => when a buyer is not happy with the condition (specially when he asked before) the seller should give him the opportunity to send the card back and get his money back.

I just....I don't understand why it would take so long to file a claim. If I were to have received a card in that condition I would have been on PayPal almost instantly given that he wasn't communicating in a timely manner.

Last edited:
You are right! I call it => wrong trust!

Important is to warn other Collectors!

Sounds like a nice bloke...

A saw his so called response to you on HK, he's a real piece of work.

Scumbags like him are the one's ruining the hobby, I got ripped off nearly $400 recently and it stings.

Probably a mistake putting it on ebay yourself but the guy needs to be responsible for this deal and can clearly see he is avoiding you!

This is when we need debt collectors :) to collect from them.

Back
Top Bottom