UFC MMA Discussion (spoilers)

been quiet here lately, expected it to be going off with disappointment yesterday. i was pretty cut yesterday,

but what a fight, couldn't of went any better. got the knockout i wanted, but soto put up a good fight and saved the card

I love the ufc, but if it keeps putting on the weak as piss ppv's and free to air events it's only a matter of time before it kills off the fans, latly it seems like the main event is the only well known fighters and the rest of the card full of people know one knows, Ufc needs to open its eyes and overcome some of the greed and fix these horrible cards

I still laugh when I remember the announcement when they bought Pride, and Dana was banging on about being able to put on so many stacked cards.

Never bought it for a second.

UFC 177 was a train wreck of a card, and Dana trying to defend it by playing to sympathies of the fighters that "sacrificed and trained for that one shot" is complete BS - the prick has no problems burying a fighter when it suits him. Its hilarious GQ voted him sleaziest man between Lance Armstrong and Warmachine :lol:

Honestly I take more notice of GLORY cards these days. Metamoris and ADCC can provide my submission fix.

5ZuqpGn.gif

Someone get Dana on the blower!

Is anyone at least excited to see Eddie Alvarez in the UFC? and fighting Cowboy on one of the most Stacked Cards I have seen UFC 178.I consider Eddie a top 5 lightweight in the world (in my mind). I was going mental when the announced the fight.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Mousasi vs Jacare FN recently. I can't wait for Hunt vs Nelson in a couple of weeks. Should be an epic brawl.

So yeah, anyone watching TUF20?

I love the format they went with for this season, and so far its been great to watch. Though I don't think much of Melendez as a coach.

Shit Kennedy vs Romero

What a fight however that corner time for Romero was bullshit!!!

Ive only read on forums about it ,but by the sounds it should have been waved off
They deducted a point from Romero (I think) so that was the best thing to do at that time. However extra corner time for him saved him and gave the upper hand in the fight.

Who is stoked for Werdum vs Hunt for the interim title? I'm a bit concerned about late notice for Hunt and him having to fight at altitude, cause his performance against Rothwell in Denver wasn't great and he gassed horribly. He's got a punchers chance, but it'll all depend on Werdum's wrestling because we know he doesn't want to stand with Hunt.

On a side no, I am disappointed to not see Werdum vs Cain. I thought that would be a great fight as Werdum has been on a tear ever since he was cut from UFC.

I was super pumped for Cain VS Fab.
Still keeps me interested with Hunt for the close to home factor but I think the only chance hunt has is with the haymaker.
I think Werdum could stand up against Hunt no problems. He has a 6" height advantage and I would imagine a decent reach advantage too (don't know stats).

And like you said @KB. the short notice and altitude may make this fight a fizzer. Let's hope Hunt brings his A game.

Back
Top Bottom