Worth buying a case of 2016 Certified?

Terrible value for money, sorry. Best card you could hit would be a Treloar Finest or Cotchin guernsey sig- probably sell either for $500-600. You are a 1:9 chance of hitting either and i don’t think I’ve ever seen a case with both.

There is very little interest in the Team Leaders inserts (3 per box) - check out eBay and you’ll see the majority sell for $10 or less and even the big clubs/players won’t fetch more than $25-30.

I know 2017 Certified is sold out but it was far better value with the inclusion of one Influential per case. Many of these are now worth $500+ and the top few in Adams, Cripps, Hodge would sell for $750+ these days.

Plus the list of guernsey sig cards was better for 2017 series - Pendlebury, Naitanui, Gunston etc.

Agreed, if you don't hit the Riewoldt / Petrie signature case card Treloar FF or Cotchin Guernsey Sig it's tough because even some of the Certified Signature players aren't the best.

Personally, if I was to do an old case I'd head down to Card Zone and grab an 06 or 07 Supreme...bit risky but chance of some great cards. I didn't say 05 Dynasty as I've done one recently (this is an old fav of mine...and again can be of ok value)

Prestige is a bit more expensive because of the 16 boxes per case, though good for following reasons

Chance of pulling
- Nicholls case card signature
- Dusty DPS
- Draft Pick Platinum Die Cut redemptions
- Draft Pick Platinum Die Cuts
- Richo & Ablett Jr Tribute Signatures

though it all depends what's the objective. If for your PC then most are good...though if for resale purposes then can be tough like most cases if you don't pull some of the better cards.

Nothing better than buying for the thrill of the bust...unfortunately do this too many time myself :)

2006 has the best ever draft pick signature cards I reckon, Brownlow Predictors are very nice also. Great if you get an Ablett Sr or Polly Farmer redemption. When I did a case a few years back, unfortunately I pulled a West redemption...hurt a little.

Testing my memory as was 10 years ago...of the big 3 DPS I missed on either Murphy or Thomas. Few hawks & crows DPS in that year if I remember. Predictors I did ok getting Ablett, Judd, Hodge if I recall correctly

Terrible value for money, sorry. Best card you could hit would be a Treloar Finest or Cotchin guernsey sig- probably sell either for $500-600. You are a 1:9 chance of hitting either and i don’t think I’ve ever seen a case with both.

There is very little interest in the Team Leaders inserts (3 per box) - check out eBay and you’ll see the majority sell for $10 or less and even the big clubs/players won’t fetch more than $25-30.

I know 2017 Certified is sold out but it was far better value with the inclusion of one Influential per case. Many of these are now worth $500+ and the top few in Adams, Cripps, Hodge would sell for $750+ these days.

Plus the list of guernsey sig cards was better for 2017 series - Pendlebury, Naitanui, Gunston etc.
great summary mate..its a shame for the cotchin gurnsey/sigh is one of my favorite all time cards select have ever produced.. but agree dont hit cotch or treloar and its down hill

Pretty sure Card Zone still have 2017 Cases available.......

As for 2016 Certified, while not as good as 2017 it is still only one of few Cases where you can get Jersey Signature Cards.....if boxes keep selling like they currently are then both 2016 and 2017 boxes/cases will be the next to sell out!

auto2.jpg

auto1.jpg

case.jpg

premm.jpg

GU.jpg

GU2.jpg

FF.jpg

influ.jpg

GUAuto.jpg

Jersey # Pendles GU auto, case hit for sure

Not bad except the Rockliff being the weakest footy finest I think, will do a sale thread when some more toploaders arrive

Great hit Pendlebury, I'd be selling unredeemed. Don't want to end up with a red and white patch like mine.

Back
Top Bottom