Why I Have More Time for OCT

Telfs Card Park

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Tom Telfer
eBay User
dynastysportscentral
A little while ago I received a message from hquiz on Blow Out Cards about how he had a full set of Spurs Immaculate Christmas Day Materials Jumbo cards for $995. He stated that he was not going to break it up but if he did I would be the first to know. They don't end up selling and he offers me the Patty Mills for $145 and I asked that since it was an off pay week that I would pay in a weeks time and it all seemed good. Meanwhile he lists all of these cards on Ebay with the Mills at $200 OBO. Then this morning he sends me a msg on BO to let me know that because he was in a rush for cash and because he had a better offer on Ebay the deal was off. Not only do I PC Spurs Immaculate but I also PC Patty so you can understand how much of a big deal this is for me! Not sure whether to leave negative feedback on BO but still shaking my head at how this type of thing can happen. Clearly this is not a hobby for most anymore...

I sympathize with your situation, but without knowing why he needed fast cash it's probably a bit hard to leave a neg IMO.

These kind of members aren't exclusive to BO, there's plenty of good ones on there also and the occasional member like that here as well, as much as I hate to admit it.

I sympathize with your situation, but without knowing why he needed fast cash it's probably a bit hard to leave a neg IMO.

These kind of members aren't exclusive to BO, there's plenty of good ones on there also and the occasional member like that here as well, as much as I hate to admit it.

I wasn't going to leave neg feedback just thought I would share it on here to vent my frustration. I have always done well in the hobby with very few issues but I guess I was so keen to get that card that I felt so disappointed. Ah well with the dollar as it is it would have been a bigger investment anyway. Still to do a deal on BO so have nothing to go on about their good members but it is always a source of entertainment with all the Panini sucker uppers who bash Panini and then buy multiple cases of product!

I'd contemplate calling him out on it, but it could easily backfire too. If he agreed to the deal, then I'd say he's in the wrong.

I sympathise with you though. I think we all know how hard it is to see a card(s) go that you really wanted. Hopefully it'll be put up on eBay in time.

I'd contemplate calling him out on it, but it could easily backfire too. If he agreed to the deal, then I'd say he's in the wrong.

I sympathise with you though. I think we all know how hard it is to see a card(s) go that you really wanted. Hopefully it'll be put up on eBay in time.

One thing you learn about the hobby is that people want cash so cards will eventually become available. Numbered to 7 and with few Patty cards it may be some time...

One thing you learn about the hobby is that people want cash so cards will eventually become available. Numbered to 7 and with few Patty cards it may be some time...

Agreed. If it's a flipper that bought it, and with the year Mills is having so far, I'd expect the price tag to rise.

Yeah, a similar thing happened to me a week or two ago. a BIG Faried rookie year 1/1 surfaced. Anyway, I got played a bit and it went to someone else. So it sucks, but the other guy could pay faster than I could.

The panini bashers who then go out and buy cases of every product are hilarious. Actions speak louder than words!

i had it happen to me on ebay as early as last week. I BINed a card. an hour later he relisted it at a higher BIN and it sold
he told me all sorts of reasons. but it was obvious he got a message from some tool saying he'd pay $50 extra
very annoying. í was encouraged to leave negative feedback - but i am too soft and always worried about the revenge warriors

so yeh it happens everywhere. chin-up and save that money for another card

that same day. i won another card of the same player that i'd been dreaming off for-ever, at half the price it normally goes for.

It's poor form by the seller for sure. If he was in desperate need for cash, he should of told you he couldn't hold it. He only became desperate when he found he could get quicker and more money.

Eh, I recently expressed interest in some PC cards someone pulled from a break on OCT, I was just waiting on my boxes to see if I pulled anything we could trade. They seemed fine with that.

They then listed them on eBay 4 days later, before I had got my boxes, and I never heard anything from them about it.

That sucks man, sorry to hear, They're nice cards. It will surface again soon I am sure.

If he needed the cash, then sometimes you just have to accept. Money talks.

He probably should have just given you a heads up he was doing it and apologise before it happens and maybe offer you some consolation on other spurs/immac cards if they come up in the future.

The thing that got to me the most was that he said and I quote "seeing that you were interested in the Spurs Immac cards I had for sale and I couldn't sell them as a group I will let you have first shot on any that you would like"...er schmer I have moved on!

Back
Top Bottom