Why do they all come at once?

Verse1

No Glove, No love.
Real Name
Nick
eBay User
VerseOne79
I thought i was going good with the PC as i organised a big 1/1 card i'd been looking for for a long long long long long time (it actually found me which is a first) and considering exquisite has just dropped and there's about 12 i have to get the finances where stretched but under control.
Any way fate has thrown a spanner in the works, the powers that be decided i should also have the opportunity of owning another 1/1 i've been looking for for a long time (a farking expensive one at that!) i thought i'd never get my hands on. So i put an offer forward and before i even have a reply within hours of me making the offer another 1/1 i've been desperately trying to pry from the fingers of a fellow member the past 4 months is offered to me!!!

So i've made a deal with said member and i still need to pay for the first 1/1 and i have an offer on the other that i reckon may go more than i want it too due to a competitor also having a crack at it. Now i have about 6 more exquisites that have come up that i need for the PC.:mad:

Any one else had sh!t like this happen?

I

Yeah, happens a bit, i'll have a couple of weeks of nothing big so i'll go for minor PC stuff then 3 or 4 big ones will come up at once. Go for the 1/1's or rarer stuff first nick, you may never see them again.

Its a pain in the arse isnt it!?! Always happens to me! Might not be the same sort of dollars, but I had both the Julius Hodge Logomen that I have pop up at the same time, along with the monthly bills. Had to miss out on a fair bit of DH12 stuff too, because it all hits the bay at once!

its happened to me since exquisite has come out, ive bid on a card and then a few hours later a card that i want more than the one i have bidded on comes up, so then i hope that i get outbidded on the first one. there are just so many good cards out there i wish i was in a better financial situation as i think we all do :)

mate thats f*cked up timing right there.....i swear to god that happens to me all the fricken time....it never rains it pours!! i was working a heap of overtime at the start of last year, i saved up 4k, sat on it until april cos nothing came up....on a saturday i spent all my cash and brought a tv and surround sound system....monday morning, checked the bay....spx vetrans excitment auto #'d to 5, autofocus triolgy #d to 10 and sp authentic auto #d to 10 and ultimate loyalty #d to 7. all listed sunday night :mad::mad:

I thought i was going good with the PC as i organised a big 1/1 card i'd been looking for for a long long long long long time (it actually found me which is a first) and considering exquisite has just dropped and there's about 12 i have to get the finances where stretched but under control.
Any way fate has thrown a spanner in the works, the powers that be decided i should also have the opportunity of owning another 1/1 i've been looking for for a long time (a farking expensive one at that!) i thought i'd never get my hands on. So i put an offer forward and before i even have a reply within hours of me making the offer another 1/1 i've been desperately trying to pry from the fingers of a fellow member the past 4 months is offered to me!!!

So i've made a deal with said member and i still need to pay for the first 1/1 and i have an offer on the other that i reckon may go more than i want it too due to a competitor also having a crack at it. Now i have about 6 more exquisites that have come up that i need for the PC.:mad:

Any one else had sh!t like this happen?

I

:lol::lol: Try chasing Cp3

yeh agreed, hate when stuff like that happens but not much you can do... if you continue to play your cards right, as you said the card will eventually find you

life has a way of playing itself out sometimes

I had a similar situation before......a seller was selling off his whole Anderson PC. He had lots of nice cards I needed but I only had the cash for about half of them....I had to choose wisely and although the other cards would have been nice, I am happy with what I picked up!

Cheers
Matt

go after the ones you find harder to track down nick, eg 1/1s, the exquisites seem to be plentiful and will pop up cheaper later...

Happened all too often with my Jason Smith 1/1s and collection. They seemed to come in clumps. Luckily it's all died back now to the point that I don't buy much of anything anymore...

That reminds me, I need to get round to cropping my stuff from the past...2 months? and maildaying!

Good luck with the 1/1 logjam!

Cheers lads, i ended up getting all the 1/1's (3 of them) and was even able to pick up a few choice Exquisites. There's still a few more exquisites i need for the PC on ebay atm but i'll see how the moneys going once i pay for the stuff i've picked up first.

Its going to be one crazy mailday once these bad boys arrive.

That reminds me, I need to get round to cropping my stuff from the past...2 months? and maildaying!

Can't wait to see that!! :woot::D

Back
Top Bottom