Whos your pick to win the Championship

ScottE

Go Brock
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotteamy
Who do you think will win the title. Not who you hope but who you think. Might be fun to look back at this thread at the end of the season.
Also you might want to include MVP/ Defensive player/ 6th man

I hope the Cavs but i think Detriot will win it.

Hope: Phoenix
Think: Detroit
MVP: Nash
MIP: Borris Diaw
6th Man: Maurice Williams
ROTY: Duh, Chris Paul in a landslide
DPOTY: Wallace, no real competition.
All star mvp: probably Kobe
3pt: Raja
dunk: Iggy Hop

I think Detroit will win it for sure, and Spurs will have their work cut out for them in the West to make the grandy, there are some teams playing well, Mavs, Suns without Amare!

Hope: Phoenix,Dallas
Hope not at all costs: Spurs
Think: Detroit
MVP: Nash, Kobe if LA make playoffs and pull 1st rd upset..(playoffs count don't care what they say)
MIP: Borris Diaw should be in the bag
6th Man: Maurice Williams
ROTY: CP3 no contest
DPOTY: Wallace, maybe artest if he goes nuts

Hope: Mavs
Think: Suns..... Just think, Mavs will take out Spurs in Round 2, then the Suns will cap off the Mavs, cos they are ALWAYS hard to beat in the Playoffs, and with Amare back, I dont think Pistons will have enuff fuel in their tanks to contain a VERY hungry Nash, and an Explosive Amare, along with their bench...
MVP: Probably Nash, cos of how he's lead the Suns without their Man... But only cos the MVP USUALLY goes to the winningest team of the regular season (so Bron wont get it).
MIP: Diaw/Bron..... Bron's improved immensily, but I dunno... might be overlooked.
6th Man: not sure...really not sure, I'd probably go with Stackhouse...
ROTY: Chris Paul for sure.
DPOTY: Dont think Wallace will do it.... What about Diaw again?? Artest is good competition here, but he may have missed too many games to compete...

I'd like to see sheed win his championship belt again, but have they got the bench?

well... they have the best starting 5 in the league apparently, and they have

* lindsey hunter - under rated, this guy can play d
* cato - if they use him, he'll be ok for them
* delfino - this guy can hurt you if your not watching him, and has range 3.7 ppg
* evans - another quiet achiever 5.5 ppg and 2rpg.. not bad
* mcdyess - this guy can put up the numbers when called for, a veteran that has alot left to offer - 6.9 ppg, 4.8rpg..

and then they have dale davis that can bring in a few dunks, boards, blocks and d.. i think losing arroyo hurt, but they'll be fine...

they have 4 allstars on their team, and this is the no.1 team and a team that can sit their starters for alot of the game, so to have the starting 5 put up some reasonable numbers isnt bad.. plus, their starters can play a whole game if they have too.. so the bench wont need to be used unless theres foul trouble out there, but they have enough to cover the main guys...

I'll fill this in too
Hope: Heat
Think: Pistons..... They just have too many defensive weapons, plus a guy named Hamilton/Billups/Sheed
MVP: I'd like to think Kobe, because he's carrying that team by himself, but I think it will boil down to Billups/Nash/Wade..
MIP: Diaw for sure.. Bron??? No way Bron, he's always put up big numbers... Diaw in a runaway
6th Man: Antoine Walker perhaps?? I hate him but could take the award, or even eddie house...
ROTY: Chris Paul probably.
DPOTY: Hmmmmmm.... perhaps Diaw/Marion/B Wallace/Chandler (haha ok ok, not Chandler).. the darkhorse would be T Prince...

white_chocolate_55 said:
well... they have the best starting 5 in the league apparently, and they have

* lindsey hunter - under rated, this guy can play d
* cato - if they use him, he'll be ok for them
* delfino - this guy can hurt you if your not watching him, and has range 3.7 ppg
* evans - another quiet achiever 5.5 ppg and 2rpg.. not bad
* mcdyess - this guy can put up the numbers when called for, a veteran that has alot left to offer - 6.9 ppg, 4.8rpg..

and then they have dale davis that can bring in a few dunks, boards, blocks and d.. i think losing arroyo hurt, but they'll be fine...

they have 4 allstars on their team, and this is the no.1 team and a team that can sit their starters for alot of the game, so to have the starting 5 put up some reasonable numbers isnt bad.. plus, their starters can play a whole game if they have too.. so the bench wont need to be used unless theres foul trouble out there, but they have enough to cover the main guys...

I hope detroit win it for McDyess, he's been through so much the poor bugger, he can still play too!!

champs - spurs
mvp - kobe
ROY - Paul
6th - who knows definately not walker tho
MIP - parker or diaw (frenchies!) maybe David West
defensive - bowen or wallace

Hope: Clippers or Suns
Think: Mavericks
MVP: Kobe (hope Brand can get it but!)
MIP: Borris Diaw or Chris Kamen
6th Man: Charles V or Eddie House or Mo Williams
ROTY:Chris Paul