SharpysSports

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brendan
eBay User
bitecollectablesau
COMC User
Sharpyssports
In the interest of trying to generate interest in the hobby and more specifically around OZCT, who's keen to play a game?

The goal is to complete a set of cards and display them in your Trophy Room on MERQARY. I'm thinking potentially the 2022-23 Hoops Base Set or maybe an insert set from that release? The chase set can't be too easy otherwise we'll all be finished in a day or two and it can't be too hard that barely anyone finishes it. The idea is to create a scene where we are all helping each other out to complete a set.

I'll try to pull together a small prize for those that can complete this within the allocated time. Might be a Hoops retail pack each or similar.

In an attempt to increase the local vibe of the game, the cards cannot be in your COMC or similar overseas holding account. I think having a condition where you must physically have the card in hand will drive up local trades/sales but happy to be corrected. As a condition of being in the running for a prize from MERQARY, you must also have each card scanned/photographed front and back and be visible to everyone in your MERQARY Trophy Room.

Basically I want to see it get back to...

"I've got x,y,z and need a,b,c. Who wants to trade?"

This will be open to anyone! Who's keen?

I’d be keen on something like this. Perhaps break it down into smaller stepping stone goals for people like me who get sidetracked easily and need a little progress pep talk along the way 😂

Eg.

Apprentice: Rookie set completed
Journeyman: VET set completed
Master: Complete Set

I’d also be suggesting something lIke this

RC card - a player you believe will be great one day
Retired player
HOF player
Deceased player
Serial Numbered card
Insert card
card from every decade since you were born

categories open to changing - but it gives people a chance to show off/ discuss what they are into, learn about the history of the game and also history of cards and how they have changed over the years and then add them to their trophy room.

this could take a while though to complete!

Back
Top Bottom