Who Should I....?

tomanycards96

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brandon
eBay User
marrbr
Well I have played baseball for a couple of years now which has been a blast:thumbsup::thumbsup::D

And now I am wanting to start a collection of a MLB player:D

Problem is WHO???? I like the Red Sox :D:p but not too fussed from what team but not the YANKEES[-X:fist::p

- He hasn't been playing for too long maybe 3-4 years

- Well known but not #1 player

- Playing at C, 1B, 2B, 3B or P

- Got a few cards probally 100-150 inc. Patch, Jersey and Auto:v:

So maybe

- Kevin Youkilis 1B *Debut 2004 :thumbsup:
- Dustin Pedroia 2B *Debut 2006 :thumbsup:
- Jonathan Papelbon P *Debut 2005 :thumbsup:

They are just off the top of my head dunno about their card reputation though

Hope you guys can help:D:thumbsup:;)

Thanks in advance:thumbsup::worthy:

Whoever you select you have chosen a very collectible team which drives prices up.

Beck has heaps of Bosox cards, so it may be worth having a chat to her.

Of all players I like Pedroia's attitude.
Great 2B who is an MVP, Rookie of the year and has a championship ring who plays way above his size and has a great bat.

I am over in the states at the moment and will be catching the Yankees play Boston at Fenway Park this Friday.

Pedroia is a nice player but after his mvp award last year his prices are probably high. Though to be honest just collect a player you really enjoy watching, it makes getting their cards so much more sweeter xD.

Mate I'm not sure if I could add any further suggestions to the list, but I will say that Papelbon is in love with himself. He's good, and he knows and shows it, that rules him out for me. Pedroia is a great little scrappy guy, but surely he can't reproduce the MVP stats from last year again - he'll end up as a Biggio/Alomar-type player, good power for a second baseman, moderate speed, and a .310-.330 avg for the next 5-8 years. I'd go for Youkilis - he has the track record of improving every year - a bit like Giambi in his first 6 years. I'm not sure about card values though - i'd say Pedroia for now as he has the MVP award, but for longevity, Youk is the way to go! I sold a bucketload of Pedroia cards last year in the weeks after the MVP announcement - and I'm glad I did! I'm sticking with the bona fide HOF'er Piazza for now..... (Hey...anyone got any of his cards from his Padre tenure???) hehe
Nick J

OK made a final decision and i'm going with Youkilis!!

So if anybody has any send a PM have plenty off AFL got a few NBA GU's/Auto's so send me YOUKILIS!!!

Put a price on em aswell looking at some Autos, Patches, Inserts etc.

Thanks

the problem with Youseless is that he has such an ugly head that his cards will never look pretty.
As you can see I am a Yankees fan who will be seeing Youkilis tomorrow night at Fenway when the Bosox take on the ever powerful Yankees.

I'll say hello for you cause I am on sitting on the first base side.
Will be taking pics.

Will do a post when I get back and will check my cards for you then.

the problem with Youseless is that he has such an ugly head that his cards will never look pretty.
As you can see I am a Yankees fan who will be seeing Youkilis tomorrow night at Fenway when the Bosox take on the ever powerful Yankees.

Will be taking pics.

Cool my parents went to Chicago vs. Boston game and said it was awesome.

Thats good post up some pics all of us :thumbsup:

Will be taking pics.

Matt......you don't know how envious I am of you right now!!!!

Just got back from the game where the Yanks smashed the Bosox 20 to 11.
I got chatty with one of the Boston pitching coaches and told him I was from Australia and he gave me a game used ball.

No autos just the ball.

Heading to Cooperstown in a few days to see the Hall of Fame then off to New York to see the Phillies v Mets and Rangers v Yankees.

Huge post when I get home.

Youkilis, well, I guess if your going to start with something, thats not a bad person to start with. I like the way he plays, but he cant fight worth a squat. But he has a big bat and does play rather the way I like seeing baseball played. You cant say that for all the players now a days, thats for sure. Old school ball players rate HIGH in my book for sure!

I have tons of older Boston cards, being a Yankee and Met fan, I would be more then willing to trade or sell them away to you. :)

Back
Top Bottom