where to from here??

How does that happen? How do people 'recolor' a card?

I remember seeing someone post a video somewhere years ago where they were "fixing" chipping with a paint brush and various pottles of ink and basically just "dying" the chipped sections to make them more aesthetically pleasing.
I would assume that this would be similar to what happened. would be hard to see with the naked eye but assume under the magnifying glass at bgs/psa might be easier for them to pick up

Last edited:
I remember seeing someone post a video somewhere years ago where they were "fixing" chipping with a paint brush and various pottles of ink and basically just "dying" the chipped sections to make them more aesthetically pleasing.
I would assume that this would be similar to what happened. would be hard to see with the naked eye but assume under the magnifying glass at bgs/psa might be easier for them to pick up

Yeah I couldn't make this out at all with the naked eye. After it was sent back by BGS I had a look directly under a reading light and it became apparent, I could see a very slightly different tint of green around the edge. A real shame as I think it would have probably been a BGS 9 if someone hadn't taken a marker to it.

You only have to read some of the threads on Blowout to see how much the trimming and "conserving" of cards has gone crazy.

Lots of high grade cards out there which have been trimmed...….serial numbering helps discover some of these cards but for those that aren't numbered...…..you never really truly know what you are buying!

You only have to read some of the threads on Blowout to see how much the trimming and "conserving" of cards has gone crazy.

Lots of high grade cards out there which have been trimmed...….serial numbering helps discover some of these cards but for those that aren't numbered...…..you never really truly know what you are buying!

Card trimming, altering, etc. is my main concern moving forward. Over production is a threat but that will only affect cards produced recently. The other issue has the potential to do far more wide spread damage imo. Imagine sitting on a 100K card that is potentially next to worthless?

It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

Here's mine with colour altered on top left and right hand corners

20191128-184042.jpg

Here's mine with colour altered on top left and right hand corners

20191128-184042.jpg

As with most Exquisite they are prone to chipping on most edges sadly to fix it up the original owner must of thought it was alright to touch it up 😭 beautiful card none the less.

Oh man that's rough, looks like they did a pretty decent job as it's really tough to tell from those pics. still a killer looking card though.

Bizarre. Publicity stunt maybe.

For those unfamiliar with a Dutch auction, it operates in reverse to a normal auction - the price starts high and incrementally lowers until someone bids. That bid is the winning( and only) bid. First in best dressed so to speak.

Starting price will be interesting.

From my reading on BO forums (not sure I'm allowed to link it) there is some confusion on whether;
a) everyone pays the same price which is the LOWEST bid price when the product is finally sold out, or;
b) each person pays their actual bid amount entered, or;
c) an average of all the prices of the bids

Panini need to clarify these finer details.

I'm not interested in the product at all, just the process.
Prizm FOTL configuration is horrible IMHO. And technically since retail is in stores in the USA, this is hardly FIRST off the line.

Apologies for slight segue here but FOTL is such a load of shite. Are Panini's products not expensive and disappointing enough (mostly) that they have to take it to another level of expensiveness and disappointment? And as you rightly pointed out recently, how did Prizm Retail get released before FOTL?

Congrats on your 500th break by the way. Keep keeping it real. Well done.

Last edited:
Also, just to clarify an earlier statement viz auction formats. The Portuguese auction format ( as excellent as it is)is not as robust as the Maltese auction format, though much better than the Icelandic format, and certainly better than the Dutch one.

From my reading on BO forums (not sure I'm allowed to link it) there is some confusion on whether;
a) everyone pays the same price which is the LOWEST bid price when the product is finally sold out, or;

Prizm FOTL configuration is horrible IMHO. And technically since retail is in stores in the USA, this is hardly FIRST off the line.

A lot of confusion too where people thought the starting amount was for 12 boxes but I took it as 12 max per buyer. The wording was awkward.

My understanding is that it is B) starts at $1k per box and goes down over a period of time until sold out. If you buy a box at $1000 you pay $1000.

You buy it at $800 you pay that. Price keeps going down until sold out. Its their way of making sure they make the huge profits on these boxes, not the flippers and resellers etc.

The longer you wait the less you will pay but you risk missing out on stock the longer and cheaper the auctions go.

Next up NT FOTL 19/20 starting at $5000 per box - dutch auction.

I honestly didn't try to, but I had it pegged at around 400 to sell out once I saw there was 8600 boxes.

Happy to see some people got it for only double what last years was considering the hype machines at play.

I do however think this was a really bad configuration for a product. Good luck to all those that are ripping it. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom