Whats the story with this card?

Reyals

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Robert Campbell
20220527_171028.jpg

More that the signature is "San Antonio Spurs" whilst he is playing for the Knicks on the card.
The Silver signature is the same as the gold version.
I don't think Herb every played with the Spurs?

Herb was either signed by or traded to the spurs that pre-season. Can't tell you which though. Might have been signed.

I though it was strange the signiture said san antonio spurs. Could it be an error. Back of the card has no mention of san antonio spurs

No error. As it's a facsimile foil signature, some players simply "signed" their team.

I think it may have also been down to UD not having the rights to depict the players signature...... Grant Hill had "Detroit Pistons" on his as he had an exclusive deal with Fleer for his auto (even though this is a facsimile) so UD if they didn't have an example of the players auto or couldn't use it just went with a team name.

I can't find anything about him with the Spurs though? Basketball-Reference has the following

June 9, 1981: Drafted by the Indiana Pacers in the 1st round (14th pick) of the 1981 NBA Draft.
February 21, 1989: Traded by the Indiana Pacers to the Dallas Mavericks for Detlef Schrempf and a 1990 2nd round draft pick (Antonio Davis was later selected).
November 15, 1992: Signed as a free agent with the New York Knicks.
February 18, 1996: Traded by the New York Knicks with Doug Christie and cash to the Toronto Raptors for Victor Alexander and Willie Anderson.
February 23, 1996: Waived by the Toronto Raptors.
February 28, 1996: Signed a contract for the rest of the season with the New York Knicks
September 4, 1996: Signed as a free agent with the New York Knicks.
February 19, 1998: Traded by the New York Knicks with Ron Grandison to the Philadelphia 76ers for Terry Cummings.

Back
Top Bottom