What would you do? Optimum 2021 Dustin Martin Medal pull

ihateupants

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shaun
So those of you that I interact with a bit would know by now I pulled a massive hit out of Optimum. What I assume to be one of the hardest pulls, a Dusty Medal card.

Just so happened to be #50 / 50 which is a nice kicker.

I'm a richmond fan and collector so initially I was just stoked for the pc hit.

After seeing what the only one of these on ebay has sold for though ($2300) my wife and I have been having a good chat about whether this is actually the one to let go of and fund a fair bit of future endeavours, or hang onto and be the centrepiece of my pc.

I'm torn - but I also get and have to respect her point.

So I thought I would throw it out there, what would you do and if sell, what would you sell it for? (understanding that every individual is different - but thats half the fun).

20210919_194237000_iOS.jpg
20210919_194319000_iOS.jpg

if you sell it now or sell it in the future it's still going to hold if not go up in value.
numbered to #50 only is super low compared to his other Highend cards ( d.p.s/ footy finest/dominance..to name a few)
It's your call mate, personally hold it and cherrish it for the beautiful card it is.
(p.s) I could be wrong, but I believe the seller offered the card at a lower price just before it sold ($1700ish I believe) I could be wrong,but I believe I got the message of a lower offer.

Yea that would be the other part to it I guess. The card should hold some value (hopefully) so it’s not like a decision needs to be made today.

Interesting point on the eBay sale, looking at the completed sale it only shows the listing price so assumed that was it. eBay can be funny like that.

There are 3 questions you should ask yourself -

1) Do you need the cash? I don't know your situation but $2000+ in these times could be handy? If you do need the cash now..... sell it.

2) If not......why not hang on to it......... its your team, a low numbered card and if you were told that you would be pulling this card before you opened your boxes you would have been over the moon. Its a great memory!

3) Will you regret selling this card in 5 years time........if yes and you don't need the money, keep it in the PC or use it to upgrade to something even bigger down the track.

I sold a Supremacy Dipierdomenico Premiership Brownlow Double Signature and still wish I had have kept it,
was the best I had ever pulled from a pack,
if you do not need the $$$ sit on it as you will always have money in the bank..

Last edited:
I’ve got one and I’m holding it forever!! Probably get up to $1500 if you sold now…in 12 months time they’ll be long gone.

Yea good input guys. I think there was an element of 'the set is hot right now so the value would be to sell today' vibes about it all.

Gonna hold myself now. An oppurtunity like this really doesnt come along often to pull something you would never otherwise get for the pc. Think I was getting some covid lockdown fomo about it. Slap some sence back into oneself

So those of you that I interact with a bit would know by now I pulled a massive hit out of Optimum. What I assume to be one of the hardest pulls, a Dusty Medal card.

Just so happened to be #50 / 50 which is a nice kicker.

I'm a richmond fan and collector so initially I was just stoked for the pc hit.

After seeing what the only one of these on ebay has sold for though ($2300) my wife and I have been having a good chat about whether this is actually the one to let go of and fund a fair bit of future endeavours, or hang onto and be the centrepiece of my pc.

I'm torn - but I also get and have to respect her point.

So I thought I would throw it out there, what would you do and if sell, what would you sell it for? (understanding that every individual is different - but thats half the fun).

20210919_194237000_iOS.jpg
20210919_194319000_iOS.jpg
Wait till he wins his fourth norm smith next year :)

Yea good input guys. I think there was an element of 'the set is hot right now so the value would be to sell today' vibes about it all.

Gonna hold myself now. An oppurtunity like this really doesnt come along often to pull something you would never otherwise get for the pc. Think I was getting some covid lockdown fomo about it. Slap some sence back into oneself
good decision..
money comes and goes
but Dusty cards live forever!

Back
Top Bottom