What was your favourite draft?

mattyj

Multi-Player Collector
Real Name
Matty
Looking back over all the drafts what has been your favourite?

By this, i mean the Draft that has produced the most players you like/liked to watch, not neccasarily the best players.

For me its the 1992 Draft
Alonzo Mourning :- Was once my favourite player when with the hornets, and still one of my favs
Clarence Weatherspoon :- For some reason loved his game
Walt WIlliams :- See above
Latrell Sprewell :- Awesome player
Robert Horry :- Mr. Clutch
Jimmy Jackson :- Great player early on then a good journeyman
Harold Miner :- Mr Baby Jordan

and so on

i think the year that produced the best is 96 with kobe iverson nash marbury r.allen j.oneal

94-95 for me.

I started collecting the year before, and really got into all the 94-95 Rookies.

Kidd, and Hill were my faves, but also liked Eddie Jones, Donyell Marshall, and a few others.

95-96 was also a highlight for me with Stackhouse, Joe Smith, KG, etc, etc.

Before too long I'd gotten out of the Hobby just after 96-97 started, and knew little about Kobe Bryant, and Allen Iverson.

Then got back in it, before 04-05, and that was another highlight, with Devin, Dwight, Emeka, just to name a couple.

Have to say 2000 with Brand, Francis, Rip, Maggette, Miller, Odom etc. Loved playing with all those guys in my NBA Live teams ;) And then the Clippers tried to create it! Miller, Brand, Odom, Maggette. Pity it didn't last...

Have to say 2000 with Brand, Francis, Rip, Maggette, Miller, Odom etc. Loved playing with all those guys in my NBA Live teams ;) And then the Clippers tried to create it! Miller, Brand, Odom, Maggette. Pity it didn't last...

That was 99 ;)

2000 was Kenyon MArtin, Darius Miles, Stro Swift etc

Looking back over all the drafts what has been your favourite?

By this, i mean the Draft that has produced the most players you like/liked to watch, not neccasarily the best players.

and so on

You kind of missed the biggest name of tihs draft, Shaquille O'Neal.

But yes, this was one of my favourites, because it produced both Shaq and Alonzo, two of the greatest centres of all-time.

Shaq, is one of the greatest players ever, so dominant, with 4 championships, 3 finals MVP's, a regular season MVP etc etc.

Alonzo is an absolute beast, Barkley called him the "most intense player I have ever played against on the basketball court" and he was a 7-Time All-Star and repeat defensive player of the year winner as well.

Between the two they will have nearly 20 All-Star appearance, multiple MVP and Defensive POY Awards and 5 Championships.

You kind of missed the biggest name of tihs draft, Shaquille O'Neal.

But yes, this was one of my favourites, because it produced both Shaq and Alonzo, two of the greatest centres of all-time.

Shaq, is one of the greatest players ever, so dominant, with 4 championships, 3 finals MVP's, a regular season MVP etc etc.

Alonzo is an absolute beast, Barkley called him the "most intense player I have ever played against on the basketball court" and he was a 7-Time All-Star and repeat defensive player of the year winner as well.

Between the two they will have nearly 20 All-Star appearance, multiple MVP and Defensive POY Awards and 5 Championships.

I also said FAVOURITE players Jim and i really dont like Shaq :thumbsup:

I agree hes one of the greatest ever, just never been a fav of mine...

Never seemed to care, and got by on ability without ever working on his game

Zo on the other hand, like Barkley said , one of the most intense players ever...

All Great ....But Comon guys how can you go past 2003 !!!! Bron....Wade...Anthony.....Bosh ....Darko (bigest nO 2 flop of all times!!!) got picked before Wade and Bosh and Anthony !!!!anyway...Hinrich...Barbosa...Josh Howard ...Kapono ???(hehehe) and yeah mr Britney :) Luke Walton...Not bad hey ? :)

All Great ....But Comon guys how can you go past 2003 !!!! Bron....Wade...Anthony.....Bosh ....Darko (bigest nO 2 flop of all times!!!) got picked before Wade and Bosh and Anthony !!!!anyway...Hinrich...Barbosa...Josh Howard ...Kapono ???(hehehe) and yeah mr Britney :) Luke Walton...Not bad hey ? :)

Yes.. i got to go with 03 draft.. they are very awesome.. and love most of the players and they are now team leaders....

Darko is i think 3 times better than Sam Bowie.. :D just my thought, he probably won't be like 15-10 player in Memphis, but he will be well-respected as a good center next season.... and defense is his offense...

03 was really good draft..

team leaders like bron, melo, wade and bosh.
3pt master like kapono, korver, walton, barbosa and mikael pietrus
all around players like david west, boris diaw, josh howard, travis outlaw and luke walton...
sweet point guards like tj ford and hinrich...

i must admit no outstanding center was drafted, but kaman and darko are pretty good players.... so is kendrick perkins...

my favorite from the draft is Chris Bosh... he is probably one of a few players who average in NBA alot more than College stats.... most of the players were really great in college or high school, but Bosh is kind of player who is getting better each and every day...

can't beleive no one said the 95 Draft........KG, Sheed, Finley, Sabonis, joe smith, Stackhouse, Brent Barry
lol...........96 was awesome too with Kobe, Iverson, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Camby..........man......every draft has its own flavor though :)

can't beleive no one said the 95 Draft........KG, Sheed, Finley, Sabonis, joe smith, Stackhouse, Brent Barry
lol...........96 was awesome too with Kobe, Iverson, Ray Allen, Steve Nash, Camby..........man......every draft has its own flavor though :)

Sabonis was drafted 1985 (and again in 1986) - First played in the nba in 1995 but doesnt go with that draft :)

Sabonis was drafted 1985 (and again in 1986) - First played in the nba in 1995 but doesnt go with that draft :)

oh ya ya...my bad :)

was still good to see him play a bit in the NBA even though he wasnt at his peek.......imagine if he played in the NBA when he did get drafted.......would of been an All-Star for sure

I agree hes one of the greatest ever, just never been a fav of mine...

Never seemed to care, and got by on ability without ever working on his game

Zo on the other hand, like Barkley said , one of the most intense players ever...

shaq getting by without working on his game??? do you realise how gooffy/unco-ordinated he would have been when he started playing basketball, no-one is good enough to be nba mvp without working on thei game

Back
Top Bottom