What does your team need to do for season 2011-2012??

midnight_show

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Rhys
eBay User
midnight_show
Seen as it's down to the finals series, and most of our sides have been disposed of, I just thought it'd be interesting to get a view on what everyone thinks their side needs to step and be competitive next year.

Portland.

As much as I admire the courage they've shown in the past couple of years in the face of injury, I just cant help thinking that our playing style isn't good enough for playoff ball. Andre Miller, the good Lord bless him, holds us together at the point and has easily been our most consistent and resilient player for the past three years, but under him we play a very stagnant offence. Too many trips down the court are him dribbling for 16-18 seconds then a quick shot. For us to become more of a threat come the pointy end of the season, we need to be able to step it up a bit in offence to provide more of a threat. I've watched some of our playoff games against Dallas, and although we have ended up losing to the eventual WC champions, there were still times in those games where we looked clueless and needed some new direction. McMillan had a reluctance to play Mills, which I think is fair enough as I don't think he is the answer at back up PG.

SO, I would like to see us go after an up tempo starting PG as well as another back up. My two thoughts are Raymond Felton from Denver and Jonny Flynn from Minnesota. Felton wants to start, but looks like he's behind Ty Lawson so maybe we can try and lure him away from Denver (Miller plus second rounder??) and Im not sure what we can offer to Minnesota, maybe we will have to offer Mills and picks or Mills and another player. But with the addition of Matthews, the up tempo play of Wallace, the outstanding play of Aldridge (who is now our team leader) I think a new fast paced PG with a new playing style is what we need. Unless Roy recovers, which from all reports he will never be the same player again, he will be the bench leader. And as shown in the Dallas series, he can still mix it with the best, but he needs his rest and needs to be managed. Camby isn't getting any younger, so we NEED NEED NEED Oden to be healthy. I would deadset give my left testicle to keep that bloke healthy. If not, we also need a back up big man. Possibly a Dalembert or (Will we make a big play for Marc Gasol??) Batum had some of his best games coming off the bench, but after that there isn't much depth. Would like to see us get a good back up at PF as well, LA carried us this season, looks like he will again next season, but we need a break for him.

Every year seems to be a first round exit in the finals. Reckon it might be time to shake things up a bit. GO BLAZERS!!!

Suns,

Get rid of Wince Carter/Childress and start Gortat instead of Lopez.

Nash
- New SG
Gortat
Frye
Hill

or....trade Nash to a contender.

Cheers
Matt

Orlando

Get Dwight some help before he packs up his bag and commits treason like Shaq did and goes to LA. A better PG maybe some one like CP3 would be a good place to start

How do you see his trade value currently?

Honestly, i dont think he will be traded, he says he doesn't want to be but it would be sad to see him finish his career on a lottery team all due to a tight ass owner.

Cheers
Matt

Cleveland:

Don't waste the 1 & 4 picks. Don't draft Irving, we already know he's injury prone. Draft Derrick Williams. Guys a game changer he can shoot and take it to the rake. Get a Center. Varejoe is good for the team but needs to get an offense game. I say if his still available by the number 4 pick, draft Enes Kanter. And back to Irving for a second. We have good PG's. Baron Davis showed he is still a leader and good player at his age and we have the up and coming Ramon Sessions who played very well this season. Daniel Gibson could play PG as well.

Off the draft, I think we need to get Samardo Samules, Christian Eyenga and Manny Harris more time to develop. All 3 are great rookies, and need to have a strong off season. I really hope Manny Harris gets more minutes next season, guy can play and score. And I think we need to get rid of Antawn Jamison. I love 'Tawn but he is hurting the team seeing we have JJ Hickson waiting to bust out at PF. Move Antawn in the off-season and try to get a SG. We NEED a SG. Anthony Parker, umm no thanks. Try to get a JR Smith sort of player. Oh and release Joey Graham....just do it now.

And most important....play for pride and WIN. We become the laughing stock of the league last season, after losing 26 in a row. We need to come out next season and make a statement! We will have the talent to take a 8th seed in the weak East. But guys, just play good basketball every night. Beat the teams your meant to beat.

Can't wait for the new season!! GO CAVS!!

Well I wrote about the Thunder in another thread, but here goes..

Thunder really struggle having two non-scoring options in the starting lineup in Perk & Thabo..... I say we start Harden next year & trade off Thabo for a backup SG and/or pickup one in the draft; though seeing as with that option you don't really know what you're getting I would prefer either trading for one or picking one up in FA. Maybe we could nab James Jones away from the Heat!? :lol: Although think he's more of a SF than a SG; possibly a Sonny Weems to backup Harden.... he seems to be an improving player. Other than that we need Serge to keep improving his offense & becoming more consistent.

Also hope to see Cole Aldrich a lot more in the lineup next year, I liked the few times I seen him play. Great rebounder!

As for the Nets..... well, we needs lots! :lol: Love our current starting front court, but our backups bigs are horrendous (read: Johan Petro). So we definitely need to pick something up there either in the Draft, in trades or FA. Then we need a decent starting 2-guard & Morrow can come off the bench behind him; happy to stick with Damion James at the 3 & see how he continues to develop.

As for the rest of the bench...... very happy to keep Gaines as the backup PG, think he played great when he came in to spot Deron. I hear Sasha isn't going to be retained, doesn't bother we either way that much, but he didn't do that bad when I see him play... but if we get a new starting 2 then we don't need both Morrow & Sasha coming off the bench. Farmar played pretty decent but I would be happy to include him in a trade somehow to get a better starting 2 and/or some better backup bigs. Just checked our roster, forgot about Brandan Wright.... he was injured most of last season which is why I forgot about him..... hopefully he comes back strong then. Lastly....... Outlaw needs to go, he has been terrible since leaving Portland.... anyone want him!? :lol:

Suns,

Get rid of Wince Carter/Childress and start Gortat instead of Lopez.

Nash
- New SG
Gortat
Frye
Hill

or....trade Nash to a contender.

Cheers
Matt

Hey..... if you don't want Dudley I'll be happy to take him as the starting 2 for the Nets! ;)

And most important....play for pride and WIN. We become the laughing stock of the league last season, after losing 26 in a row. We need to come out next season and make a statement! We will have the talent to take a 8th seed in the weak East. But guys, just play good basketball every night. Beat the teams your meant to beat.

Can't wait for the new season!! GO CAVS!!

May I ask which teams the Cavs are supposed to beat!? :lol:

Sorry man, didn't mean to make fun..... just was a weird statement when talking about the Cavs.

Minnesota:

Draft a player in the SG/SF/PF/C position (preferably Williams or Kanter).
Play 4th quarters as though they have 12 minutes (crazy huh?).
Do not draft a Point Guard.
Give Flynn and Johnson more minutes and foster their development.
Draft as though there are no point guards in the draft.

Well I wrote about the Thunder in another thread, but here goes..

Thunder really struggle having two non-scoring options in the starting lineup in Perk & Thabo..... I say we start Harden next year & trade off Thabo for a backup SG and/or pickup one in the draft; though seeing as with that option you don't really know what you're getting I would prefer either trading for one or picking one up in FA. Maybe we could nab James Jones away from the Heat!? :lol: Although think he's more of a SF than a SG; possibly a Sonny Weems to backup Harden.... he seems to be an improving player. Other than that we need Serge to keep improving his offense & becoming more consistent.

Also hope to see Cole Aldrich a lot more in the lineup next year, I liked the few times I seen him play. Great rebounder!

As for the Nets..... well, we needs lots! :lol: Love our current starting front court, but our backups bigs are horrendous (read: Johan Petro). So we definitely need to pick something up there either in the Draft, in trades or FA. Then we need a decent
starting 2-guard & Morrow can come off the bench behind him; happy to stick with Damion James at the 3 & see how he continues to develop.

As for the rest of the bench...... very happy to keep Gaines as the backup PG, think he played great when he came in to spot Deron. I hear Sasha isn't going to be retained, doesn't bother we either way that much, but he didn't do that bad when I see him play... but if we get a new starting 2 then we don't need both Morrow & Sasha coming off the bench. Farmar played pretty decent but I would be happy to
include him in a trade somehow to get a better starting 2 and/or some better backup bigs. Just checked our roster, forgot about Brandan Wright.... he was injured most of last season which is why I forgot about him..... hopefully he comes back strong then. Lastly....... Outlaw needs to go, he has been terrible since leaving Portland.... anyone want him!? :lol:

Hey..... if you don't want Dudley I'll be happy to take him as the starting 2 for the
Nets! ;)

May I ask which teams the Cavs are supposed to beat!? :lol:

Sorry man, didn't mean to make fun..... just was a weird statement when talking about the Cavs.

With the draft picks, one team the Cavs will be expected to beat is the Nets ;) but.....Go DWill!! :lol: Still going for Cleveland. Other teams would be Wolves, Bobcats etc.

Bulls need a scoring SG, that can play some sort of defense... Really pissed off we didnt make a bigger play for Mayo when he was out of favor at Memphis!
Agreed. (and also with Quasar maybe it's time to move Noah)

I see we could go two ways - shooters or big guys to work with Rose

I see that Deng+Boozer+Rose have their 3 positions fairly locked down (Love or hate Boozer, we signed him and we will struggle to get any value for him in trade) - So that leaves C and SG positions.

It's fairly obvious that the whole world now knows what a star Rose is and teams will be looking to shut him down, they've all seen him try to carry the load in the Heat series and he really needs some options to work with.

Rip Hamilton could be an available option, I'm not that huge on us getting him though, he's at the end of his career and could be a gamble.
I'd love to see us try to get dwight, I think the combination with Rose would work well.

Current Depth chart
C - Noah/Kurt Thomas/Asik
PF - Boozer/Gibson/Scalabrine
SF - Deng/Rasual Butler
SG - Bogans/Brewer/Korver/Pargo
PG - Rose/CJ Watson/John Lucas

The only thing we could do is look at moving Deng. Trade value would be up after good playoffs.

Heat.

Will be completely different with a whole season and playoffs under their belt. There will be great chemistry from the start, good understanding of roles and no 9-8 stuttering start in the beginning. With Udonis Haslem and Mike Miller healthy from the get go, this team goes from 58 wins to at least 65. Rumors all season have been we add a quality starting center to our rotation, since we don't have the big bucks to get a Marc Gasol - all signs point to Samuel Dalembert. He's long, one of the better shot-blockers in the league and can clean up the glass. Biggest question mark is what happens at point guard. Does Bibby come back, and what about Chalmers??

Projected Rotation (add/minus a few players)

C: Sam Dalembert/Joel Anthony
PF: Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem
SF: LeBron James/James Jones
SG: Dwyane Wade/Mike Miller
PG: ???

Back
Top Bottom