What do you do, when they don't reply?

Hennessy

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Hendra Barnes
Hey guys,

I was sort of a victim of one of those, excessive overcharged shipping fee.

Well, to say this is my first trouble would be a lie. But most of y'all know me and my self-kindness.. :lol: I don't usually make a big deal out of it. If I got charged by a couple of bucks over, I just normally let it go. Whatever.

But this one... over the board!! :mad:

He charged and I paid $13.09USD in shipping.

Yes, I should've enquired about it before bidding but common sense rather than stupidity should occur.

Anyway, straight after he sent me an invoice for the purchase, I e-mailed him, asking why the high shipping charges and if he was to send it via Priority Mail Large envelope, which normally cost around about $11.00, I'll be fine with that. And I did also tell him that if I didn't see anywhere near $13.09 on my package, I will be in touch with him again. No reply on his behalf, so I paid for the item, just so I can get the card and avoid non-paying strike etc etc.

Yesterday, I got his package. $0.90 in a yellow envelope.

Straight to the computer and e-mail I go. I wrote him a polite one, mind you.

But yes, no reply on his side YET!

But as I was writing this, I was checking out the auction again, and can anyone confirm if you can edit auction information, after the auction has ended? Because I could've sworn, I did not see his shipping charges before I placed my bid. But now, it says to Australia, it is $13.09. I seriously would've factored that into my bid, if I had saw it but I swear it wasn't there before.

Bah!

End rant.

-henkita217-

Yes mate somehow you CAN edit auction after............I had a guy do this to me on a phone I bought from Japan...the auction stated it came with Aus converter, then when phone arrived it didn't have one I message him and got no reply...I goto auction again to make sure it was still there and BOOM he had revised and taken out the Aus Charger included part....I messaged him and told him I screenshot all my auctions and that he was going to be reported ......he quickly told me the charger was on the way. Not only did I recieve a charger but a free leather case/ lanyard / 512mb memory card and a few other bits and pieces...... I suggest you do the same mate.
My number 1 rule with E-bay is "be creative" with your threats lol it seems to work for me

Cheers hope this helps

CaL

I don;t believe they can alter it after the fact. In fact as soon as someone bids you can only add to it, not delete anything.

As for being caught out, have had that happen numerous times, and the seller usually responds and refunds the difference. Hope this seller is no different! Just hold off on leaving feedback so he has a reason to treat you well ;)

EDIT: Disreguard my first bit, Cal says yes so I'm wrong :)

u can claim that cash back thru ebay or paypal for excessive shipping rate. show them a scan of the package with his name and tell them it cost .90 cents not 13.09 for shpping. worth a try it may scare him off to give u a partial refund.

You can't alter the body of a listing after a bid is made, or within 12 hours of the finish.

Postage can be altered after the auction ends.

Again, ppl need to stop sending the polite messages asking for the diff. if they don't reply when you ask post-auction, these sellers are scum and never reply, lodged an item not received - they deserve it.

u can claim that cash back thru ebay or paypal for excessive shipping rate. show them a scan of the package with his name and tell them it cost .90 cents not 13.09 for shpping. worth a try it may scare him off to give u a partial refund.

...and unless they've changed in the last few months this is not correct.

You can't alter the body of a listing after a bid is made, or within 12 hours of the finish.

Postage can be altered after the auction ends.

Again, ppl need to stop sending the polite messages asking for the diff. if they don't reply when you ask post-auction, these sellers are scum and never reply, lodged an item not received - they deserve it.

Thanks for the information Andrew.

But yeah, don't get me wrong. I didn't really sent him a very polite e-mail, with the sugar on top.

What I meant was that, I wrote him a professional e-mail. One of those, non-cursing ones. :lol:

We'll see for the result. I'd just hate to file a dispute/claim for non-received item as referring to Alfred aka Gemini new topic on the other forum, I do not want US members to forbid us, so in future, no one will ship outside the states, due to bad past experience.

But I just might have to do it with this one, since I'm not getting any responses back from the OG seller.

The thing is though, he hasn't left a feedback as well, so I might cop my first one as well.

-henkita217-

Thanks for the information Andrew.

But yeah, don't get me wrong. I didn't really sent him a very polite e-mail, with the sugar on top.

What I meant was that, I wrote him a professional e-mail. One of those, non-cursing ones. :lol:

We'll see for the result. I'd just hate to file a dispute/claim for non-received item as referring to Alfred aka Gemini new topic on the other forum, I do not want US members to forbid us, so in future, no one will ship outside the states, due to bad past experience.

But I just might have to do it with this one, since I'm not getting any responses back from the OG seller.

The thing is though, he hasn't left a feedback as well, so I might cop my first one as well.

-henkita217-

Sorry, but I don't think you have any chance at all of winning an item not received claim, as you have already admitted to receiving the package in the email to the guy.

Sorry, but I don't think you have any chance at all of winning an item not received claim, as you have already admitted to receiving the package in the email to the guy.

PayPal doesn't even accept proof of receipt by Express or Registered, as a proof of shipment to International destinations from the US, hence, so many US members are now very hesitant to send overseas unless by USPS or Fed-Ex.

What makes you think paying $0.90c will have any chance of winning to show proof that he shipped it?

My word, which I can say that he made up?

I seriously think a proof of receipt is more of a concrete proof of shipment than my words. And PayPal doesn't even take that as evidence.

Doesn't hurt to try, does it? I'll let you know the result. I'd hate to make it sound like the evil one here, but justice needs to be reckon with.

-henkita217-

PayPal doesn't even accept proof of receipt by Express or Registered, as a proof of shipment to International destinations from the US, hence, so many US members are now very hesitant to send overseas unless by USPS or Fed-Ex.

What makes you think paying $0.90c will have any chance of winning to show proof that he shipped it?

My word, which I can say that he made up?

I seriously think a proof of receipt is more of a concrete proof of shipment than my words. And PayPal doesn't even take that as evidence.

Doesn't hurt to try, does it? I'll let you know the result. I'd hate to make it sound like the evil one here, but justice needs to be reckon with.

-henkita217-

Um....you sent him an email admitting receipt, then want to claim that you didn't receive? He sends the email with the header information (the header info can't be faked) to Paypal and it is all over.

I'm not saying that this seller is anything but a *****...but you have to be careful what you send.

Back
Top Bottom