Virat kohli rookie card for sale

2009 wrigley's boomer cards from Royal Challengers Bangalore team. I wish I can bid on this, but don't know how to bid from India

This cards were distributed only in India and they are coming from India along with many other player cards of different teams of IPL from 2009. Wrigley's boomer made this cards in association with IPL 2009. They can't be fake when Wrigley's had a contract with IPL to produce them.

This cards were distributed only in India and they are coming from India along with many other player cards of different teams of IPL from 2009. Wrigley's boomer made this cards in association with IPL 2009. They can't be fake when Wrigley's had a contract with IPL to produce them.
So the thing that was meant to be interesting about this card was the claim that the Royals had withdrawn from the sponsorship and therefor the cards of their players were not produced/ withdrawn. If not true it is a Rookie and valuable, but as for rarity it is just another common. I think where a couple of collectors are having an issue is that after the card not appearing for years, there are is a new one popping up every month. Does PSA stand behind what they grade though, so if a fake they provide compensation?

It's not true that RCB withdrawn. It's a fake story which some Indian collectors are spreading since they can't get their hands on such a rare cards. People don't understand one thing. Wrigley's entered into contract with IPL and not RCB. RCB is only one segment of IPL and all team in IPL has to agree with IPL rules.
PSA can't be mistaken because they have so far graded many 2009 boomer cards from other teams of IPL. PSA has very strict quality control in checking size, thickness, paper quality, surface treatments of cards etc.

True. I have asked for proof from many Indian collectors who says RCB pulled out, but no one has nothing to show.

My notes say that there were no RCB cards produced as they pulled out. And checking the images of my set compared to the Goldin card, there is one red flag, the website on the right hand side of the card is listed as crickinfo, whereas all the cards I have from the other teams say cricinfo

image.jpg

My notes say that there were no RCB cards produced as they pulled out. And checking the images of my set compared to the Goldin card, there is one red flag, the website on the right hand side of the card is listed as crickinfo, whereas all the cards I have from the other teams say cricinfo

image.jpg
Holy crap you're right. The Kohli Boomer is a fake

PSA have graded many fake/counterfeit/trimmed/altered cards from various sports (and possibly/probably non sport) sets over the years and as far as I am aware have never offered compensation for errors.

Believing because a card is graded it must be legitimate is one of the hobby's greatest fallacies.

Is not an easy answer to whether RCB cards were produced: "are there RCB cards other than Kholi available?".

If the only RCB cards available are Kholi's then they are surely fake. If there are a bunch of random guys as well then presumably they are legit and there are legitimate Kholi's (and potentially also fake.)

PSA have graded many fake/counterfeit/trimmed/altered cards from various sports (and possibly/probably non sport) sets over the years and as far as I am aware have never offered compensation for errors.

Believing because a card is graded it must be legitimate is one of the hobby's greatest fallacies.

Is not an easy answer to whether RCB cards were produced: "are there RCB cards other than Kholi available?".

If the only RCB cards available are Kholi's then they are surely fake. If there are a bunch of random guys as well then presumably they are legit and there are legitimate Kholi's (and potentially also fake.)
There are other RCB cards available. But all the RCB cards are different than the other 7 teams (different font, different dates, etc), only a few guys have them (multiple copies of each) and they just seem to have popped up in the last 18-24 months. And the official materials from 2009 only show that 7 teams were included in the release... All the teams except RCB. So IF the RCB cards are real then it's a huge mystery. The guys that have the RCB cards are even selling commons for big money.

Here is a better scan. Look at the Matches number of 29 versus the fake has 20

IMG_4510.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom