"To Walk"?. Or not to Walk.

COMPO

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ron
I heard Bony Leggs blowing his trumpet again during the cricket last night about whether a batsman should walk when he has plainly nicked a ball. Of course Bony was firmly of the view that he should. Perhaps when batsman have some protection with challengers to the video ref, some might walk. Others may wait until bowlers stop making frivlous appeals etc.
What do u think?.

I've been given out off the thigh pad when the ball has missed the bat by a country mile, so there is stuff all chance i'm going to walk if I nick it. What goes around, comes around they say and it all evens itself out eventually.

Have to agree with Graham.....there have been times where I have missed the ball and been given out caught behind..... other times the ball had splinters and been given not out!

I generally walked if it was out....however there were times where I really didnt know....so I let the umpire do his job!

Cheers
Matt

Well i've been called out caught behind when i've smashed the ground millions of times. I've recieved advice from my rep coach to not walk. He says that if you don't, you win and get to continue on in your innings and when you get called out you just think of the times when you know that you are out but you did'nt walk, he says just be thankful for that

i stay when im not out. the umpire and rest of the team never knows how to react when i have done that in the past. whether if you meant to do what the umpire says or not... thats bull****. Ive never been given not out when i am so i honestly dont know what i'd do. but when im given and im not out.... i STAY!

Definately do not walk. It usually evens itself out, the times you are given out when your not to the times when you are out and you are given not out. Plus its usually fires the other team up and you get sledges, i play better when getting sledged for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom