TLA Traders 2021 Official Thread

To be fair I guess, I don't see great appeal in the street art concept.
Really should have been a single release concept.

How about these themes;

Iron Men - dedicated to non stop worker in each forward pack

Famous Nicknames (stolen from Fleer Ultra NBA in the 90’s). One player per team and player with nickname is in cartoon format.

Clutch Plays - box hit, one per team and with image and brief spiel outlining a clutch play they pulled off in 2020.

Past & Present (more of an Elite concept). One current and one former player per club on the one card. Example - Daley / Wighton or Renouf / Staggs

The options really are endless.

Last edited:
Really should have been a single release concept.

How about these themes;

Iron Men - dedicated to non stop worker forward in each forward pack

Famous Nicknames (stolen from Fleer Ultra NBA in the 80’s). One player per team and player with nickname is in cartoon format.

Clutch Plays - box hit, one per team and with image and brief spiel outlining a clutch play they pulled off in 2020.

Past & Present (more of an Elite concept). One current and one former player per club on the one card. Example - Daley / Wighton or Renouf / Staggs

The options really are endless.
I like the Past and Present concept. I would’ve loved to have had a Ray Price/Nathan Hindmarsh card in this vein to have added to the PC.

I like the Past and Present concept. I would’ve loved to have had a Ray Price/Nathan Hindmarsh card in this vein to have added to the PC.
Let’s hope that after the next HOF / Immortal ceremony, there is a continuation of Glory in some capacity and these kind of cards are considered. Aside from the Legends, TLA don’t really do the past players.

My order of 2x mini cases of starter packs has been received by Australia Post this morning, should arrive on Tuesday.

Anyone else have orders on the way?
Yeah, I received the notification yesterday that my order from APT of a mini case of starters is in the hands of Australia Post for delivery on Tuesday.

Pre-ordered a box from Diggaz but haven't received any updates about that yet.

3297FED5-65D2-47A7-9C48-F70DDD916FCC.jpeg

Some normal STARTOONs.
They look like those galactic cards from years ago , only thing decent is the Top tryscorers and at 1 a case I’ll pass . If anyone is selling either of the legends ill be interested though

Let’s hope that after the next HOF / Immortal ceremony, there is a continuation of Glory in some capacity and these kind of cards are considered. Aside from the Legends, TLA don’t really do the past players.

You have Glory to thank for that...... well until 2022 or 2023

You have Glory to thank for that...... well until 2022 or 2023
Yeah, even though I am a big Glory fan they definitely missed an opportunity to do something extremely special. I guess though, given TLA wouldn’t have bankrolled it, we should be grateful we got something to commemorate the new inductions. I am also grateful that TLA aren’t the distributor for Glory, the product holds value.

Consider how few times Select and TLA have done insert sets on gun halves/playmakers. It would be like NFL brands not showcasing QBs.
Then there’s the potential of amazing corner post tries by wings. But nah, rugby league fans are really into graffiti art and cartoon characters. It’s so bizarre.
I just don’t think the designers have any affection for the game. Even most of the base sets are designed to disguise the fact they’re playing a sport.

I bet you TLA will do the complete opposite and remove Top Tries and Rising Stars and put in some more cartoon junk next year

Consider how few times Select and TLA have done insert sets on gun halves/playmakers. It would be like NFL brands not showcasing QBs.
Then there’s the potential of amazing corner post tries by wings. But nah, rugby league fans are really into graffiti art and cartoon characters. It’s so bizarre.
I just don’t think the designers have any affection for the game. Even most of the base sets are designed to disguise the fact they’re playing a sport.
100% correct. Because TLA aren’t collectors, they don’t seem to have a level of care in the product. Select had their moments of being repetitive as well.

Aside from some fresh new themes, why not have a competition thrown in? A box giveaway here and there wouldn’t hurt.

How many times have there been wingers flying through the air doing some acrobatic move to score a try!

1615073560016.png

1615073592734.png

1615073785781.png

...... maybe not this next one! LOL

1615073698595.png

How cool would these look on a card? Call it "Taking Flight" or "Air Force" whatever you call it, it would be a great set that could be put into Traders and be something different!

Love the idea..... hope it happens one day!

Doubt it!

One image that I saw last year that was done as a mock up by a designer was this one featuring Nathan Cleary.

These look like the Fleer Metal Universe cards but even something like this as a case hit would be cool.

1615077055772.png

Have them on a refractor type board stock and I think they would be great!

Not hard to come up with some new and fresh ideas is it?

Back
Top Bottom