TLA Player In Focus Limited Edition Cards - Released Each Monday 12pm

Sharks have had a card recently so maybe not again so soon.
sorry don't have a pick this week, was not really a standout any where.
Although I would go with sports bet pick for first try in origin 1. WAIT FOR IT- Brad Fittler.
Apparently 8 people in the country backed him at 600/1.
They received there bet back plus a $100 from sports bet.
How's that for a quick profit, they can each get 5 player of the round cards for free.

Sorry dont have a stat for try saves but I do agree that just putting a ball over the line doesn't warrant it unless there is work for them to do to get that ball over the line. As for Moylan, on two occassions the overlap was created by Townsend when he drew two defenders in creating a shift in the defensive line and moylan just had to pass to dugan for the try but he ends up the try assist. And it was Townsend kicking game especially the long kicking that kept the pressure on the knights, one area Moylan needs to work if he wants to be a great half.
Was more talking about how you mentioned Valentine Holmes as a pick . One try he had a bit of work but the others were pretty standard for a winger. Not a bad winger though , wouldn’t swap him for anyone .Moylan was more of a stand out by far imo.Stats also don’t show a big play that changes a game , sometimes 3 lb 2 ta and a try may equal a big tackle in the opposition 20 to force a turn over etc. Those plays can give the side a rev up and can change momentum of a game

Last edited:
Was more talking about how you mentioned Valentine Holmes as a pick . One try he had a bit of work but the others were pretty standard for a winger. Not a bad winger though , wouldn’t swap him for anyone .Moylan was more of a stand out by far imo.Stats also don’t show a big play that changes a game , sometimes 3 lb 2 ta and a try may equal a big tackle in the opposition 20 to force a turn over etc. Those plays can give the side a rev up and can change momentum of a game
Yeah understood what you were saying that's why I went back over the game and mentioned Chad Townsend, for me he was the standout, he was the player who really set up a lot of the tries as I said in two of the tries (they actually felt like deja vu watching them) by drawing in an extra defender and creating the overlap and shift in defence to create the gap for Dugan and Ramien to score, yet the try assists go to Moylan because he was the last player to pass the ball to the try scorer. The wrap around try was Moylan's best play. The stats don't show how well Townsend played but he was the player constantly chipping away at the knights all game without him I think the scoreline would have been vastly different. So I would switch Holmes with Townsend but in saying that Cam Smith for me was this rounds pick followed by Tedesco then Townsend.

Will be interesting to see who TLA pick for this week

Back
Top Bottom