Time to get a new mobile, looking for help and suggestions!

exzibit3

Old school baby!
Real Name
exzibit3
Am finishing my contract with Virgin mobile in a month, and looking to get a new plan and mobile. I've been trying to decide between the Sony Xperia1, Blackberry Bold 9000 or Blackberry 8900, or new Iphone 3GS. Anyone have any experience with these models or any other recommendations and which network to choose? Primary use in order or priority is calls, push email essential with ability to open attachments, sms (600/month!) and some browsing. I really want a physical keypad, QWERTY would be great.

Also, anyone actually work with a telco company? Cheers!

Its kinda gimmicky for my liking and the lack of a physical keyboard is a negative as I won't be able to multitask, I'd need to be looking down at the handset. What's the email client like? Can you view HTML emails and attachments and can you use microsoft outlook email on it? Does it keep all your received emails including sent ones?

I can tell you the Blackberry Bold craps all over any smart phone out there. The software is fast, design slim and screen clarity is one of the best. If you are looking for more a media player than i suppose the new iphone is the best, but you will be waiting a while for it. I have a bold 9000 and couldn't be happier.

Loving my iPhone 3G I got 2 months ago...and now the iPhone 3Gs is out it's likely even better :) It has the Qwerty keyboard and really can't fault it for ease of use. But not so good if you're a heavy call user as the battery life leaves alot to be desired and would likely need to be charged nightly. I'm fine though cause I don't make/recieve many calls :thumbsup:

Heafy, did you consider the Blackberry Curve 8900? The Bold fits a lot of my requirements, but the form factor is a negative for me as it is too bulky. I know the Curve hasn't got 3G but I'm not a heavy user of a browser on the go, and I turn off images when I do anyway to load pages faster anyway.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Ben, I would be making lots of calls but I've heard that the 3Gs has better battery life. The multimedia capabilities of the Iphone would be lost on me as I wouldn't use it much unfortunately. But I don't think I've heard a complain from an Iphone user yet.

Mate I'm very happy with my Nokia E71. It has the features you need. Surprisingly thin too! I've read a numeber of reviews of ppl preferring it over the crackberry. Don't go an iPhone if you need to do lots of typing.

I think the SMH news website has recently done a comparison of them too... or it could have been News.com.au.

edit: to add to that there's a new 73 or something just out, the upgrade to my E71 so might be worth checking out...

Mate I'm very happy with my Nokia E71. It has the features you need. Surprisingly thin too! I've read a numeber of reviews of ppl preferring it over the crackberry. Don't go an iPhone if you need to do lots of typing.

I think the SMH news website has recently done a comparison of them too... or it could have been News.com.au.

edit: to add to that there's a new 73 or something just out, the upgrade to my E71 so might be worth checking out...

I have found typing easier and faster on the iphone. As for all the other people saying iphones are junk....have you got one?

I have not found the bold 9000 to be bulky at all. It is very thin and suprisingly light. Not as small as the Nokia but not as big as the iphone. I haven't seen the curve but from what i understand its the bolds little brother. Sounds like it would be more suited to you.

I'm a big nokia user, so yeah the E71 was on my consideration list and I've been told the battery life on that is great. I don't like the email client on it though, I don't think I've been able to set up hotmail on it and my microsoft outlook email doesn't work well on it, ie messages get deleted after a day, emails sent through my mobile don't show on my computer, so it's not great for work. The simbian OS just isn't that good for handling emails yet.

Back
Top Bottom