Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSIDE**

Real Name
Bainy
eBay User
rumble_the_bison
Just thought I might start this up.

Thunder go through after a 7 game wrestle with the Grizzlies. Durant heats up in the final game going for 39 points with 13 of 25 shooting and 4 from 9 downtown and adding 9 rebounds. Collison comes up with some great defence, and Harden scores 17 off the bench. Westbrook also gets a triple double, putting an exclamation mark on the win and a tough series.

The only negative to come from the series would be an ankle injury to Ibaka which saw him play only 13 minutes in the final game.

The Mavericks, however, have enjoyed a week-long break after clinically sweeping the Lakers. Terry and Dirk were both hot in their last game.

So what's everyone's thoughts? :)

Re: Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSI

Should be a thoroughly cracking series. Nowitzki and Durant is interesting enough.

Re: Thunder v Mavericks 2011 Playoffs Western Conference Final Thread **SPOILERS INSI

Wonder if Marion will be able to do anything on Durant. Counter-that, do the Thunder have a Dirk-stopper?

Harden has been a beast off the bench. Terry will match him no doubt though. How about the Kidd-Westbrook matchup?

Goin for the Mavs purely for the fact I like Dirk and they prob won't get another chance like this, Thunder will. Can't wait to watch though!

I'd love to see OKC win but like Matt said they have many many more years ahead of them to do so and it would be great to see Kidd & Dirk get some reward for their years of solid play in the league.

Yeh I reckon Dallas in 5 based on how they dismantled LA. Thunder need another year to Gel IMO. WOuldnt be surprised to see them win it all next year, with Westbrook, Durant, Perk, Harden all having another year under theyre belt.

Dallas just look SO good.

well I think Mavs will win. OKC will be there in the future.

Only question remains for me is will dalls be ale to beat bulls or miami?

Hoping Okc get up here. Stop dirk, stop mavs, question is who?

love to see okc vs heat, but mavs will win as they are such a well oiled unit at the moment and i attribute it to 3 things: first up chandlers defenesive presence is the biggest factor, then dirks stellar play and becoming unstoppable and terrys stellar play off the bench, pretty much scoring at will, mavs vs bulls looks pretty likely and i reckon it could be a tough one to call!

Seems everyone is picking Dallas...... will make it all that much sweeter when we beat them! :p

Seems everyone is picking Dallas...... will make it all that much sweeter when we beat them! :p

I think Okc can run out winners, if perk and Thabo step up their defensive efforts, Durant, westy and harden offensively, they will push the mavs for sure.

---------- Post added 18-05-2011 at 12:07 PM ----------

Okc looking good so far!!!

Mavs by 7 at the half. Go Mavs. :D

Oklahoma City 27 21 48
Dallas 20 35 55

OKC
K. Durant, 17-Pts
K. Durant, 5-Rbs
K. Perkins, 2-Ast
DAL
D. Nowitzki, 21-Pts
D. Nowitzki, 6-Rbs
J. Kidd, 5-Ast

Okc lost it towards the end of the half. They need to shut down dirk.

Back
Top Bottom