Things that piss me off

I have to say Ian Smith (Harold) was the best celebrity experience of my life.

I used to commentate the VFL on radio. Turned up at Sandringham one day back in the child free days, rancid hangover, no preparation done, couldn't be less interested in the game ahead. Saw Ian having a coffee with some of the Williamstown crew, so I went over and introduced myself, and asked if he'd pop in for five minutes during half time to do a quick interview, and very graciously said yes.

I was pretty keen just to get Neighbours goss, and talk shit/anything but the game at hand. We had a sensational one hour chat on air, talking about the VFL/VFA split, the VFA rules, Fred Cook, and everything in between. Incredibly knowledgeable, generous with his time, and carried us amatuers through a stinker of a game.

Told us a great story off air that had us off air that had us in hysterics. Reckoned that on the day they filmed Madge's last scene, everyone was really upset about the show forcing it on them, so to lighten the mood, the actor who played Madge, decorated the set to resemble a bondage dungeon, so there's all these super close up shots of Harold leaning over Madge dying in bed, but if they zoomed out, there's all these whips, chains and giant dildos hanging from the ceiling as well.

I used to commentate the VFL on radio. Turned up at Sandringham one day back in the child free days, rancid hangover, no preparation done, couldn't be less interested in the game ahead. Saw Ian having a coffee with some of the Williamstown crew, so I went over and introduced myself, and asked if he'd pop in for five minutes during half time to do a quick interview, and very graciously said yes.

I was pretty keen just to get Neighbours goss, and talk shit/anything but the game at hand. We had a sensational one hour chat on air, talking about the VFL/VFA split, the VFA rules, Fred Cook, and everything in between. Incredibly knowledgeable, generous with his time, and carried us amatuers through a stinker of a game.

Told us a great story off air that had us off air that had us in hysterics. Reckoned that on the day they filmed Madge's last scene, everyone was really upset about the show forcing it on them, so to lighten the mood, the actor who played Madge, decorated the set to resemble a bondage dungeon, so there's all these super close up shots of Harold leaning over Madge dying in bed, but if they zoomed out, there's all these whips, chains and giant dildos hanging from the ceiling as well.

I know he cops a lot of crap but have heard other great stories about him as well!

Maybe thats an idea for a new thread...... your celebrity encounters!

What a flaming galah. My boy would drop Lou and Harold

anigif_sub-buzz-18925-1507751878-5.gif

A co-worker convincing me at 17 that Harold would always go to the gay bars on Commercial Rd, and took me to the Market under the guise of meeting him...only to try and spring an awkward date on me, not so much.

😂

Pricks who don't combine postage. Paying $15us postage for a few low end cards.

I had a feeling i'd get stung and was right when trying to request a total.

I will be giving 1 star to all stats for that! - Feedback positive though, with a nice petty "Received" description

Just got nutted on the last leg of a 5 leg multi( 4x USL and 1X Costa Rica) that would have paid $280 for $10. Just needed one more goal in the Orange County SC v Charlston match (+2.5 goals).

This happens way to often and happened to me in the Bundesliga last night as well. 5 leg multi with one leg needing just one more goal. And it was already 2-0 after 27 minutes!!!!! That 2-0 result also wrecked the 8 leg multi I put on last night (5 bundesliga games + 3 Premier League matches).

Punting has prematurely aged me. I'm certain of it.

In short: losing multis by one goal seriously pisses me off.

Hot tip for tonight. Sparta Rotterdam to upset Feyenoord. Bet365 has 5.5 with early pay out if Sparta lead by 2 goals at anytime.

Can we get a punting section/thread going. I think the public will respond :)

And for the truly degenerate there is a horse called Monetary Gains running in the first at Carnarvon. It's a bona fide donkey but is with the best stable in the North West. Hammerquist( the trainer) has two other runners in the race but I sense that something is on.

Just remember I am Australia's worst and unluckiest punter.

Back
Top Bottom