The road to season 2015

Our side is the only one that really never gives up, after being equal bottom at one point, we came 8th in total. Gold Coast sucked after Ablett was injured, Collingwood changed Kentucky Fried's Name *LOL* and while we aren't interested in a major part in trading, well have the same determined squad as the one who came 5th & 8th in two straight seasons.

My ladder-
1. Richmond
2. Geelong
3. Sydney
4. Hawthorn
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne
7. Port Adelaide
8. Gold Coast
---------------------
9. Essendon
10. Adelaide
11. West Coast
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. St Kilda
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

My ladder-
1. Richmond
2. Geelong
3. Sydney
4. Hawthorn
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne
7. Port Adelaide
8. Gold Coast
---------------------
9. Essendon
10. Adelaide
11. West Coast
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. St Kilda
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

That's ridiculous, you can't honestly think that Richmond will top the table, let alone make the finals. Sydney, Port, Hawthorn, Fremantle, North Melbourne and maybe even West Coast (shudder) have a more talented squad. It's important not to give up, but you need at least two quality forwards, three quality midfielders and two quality defenders to win a premiership these days.

No way Collingwood will sit in the bottom 4. You seem to forget the major injury problems the pies have had the last 2 season. With a healthy list and so top 10 rookies to come aboard i think they will finish somewhere between 6-10. Hawks to finish top again.

People sleeping on GWS are nuts. They've got plenty of games into them, they could potentially snare Patful, and their draw will be favorable.

Anyways, Essendon have said they wont appeal the court's verdict in their case against ASADA, however James Hird apparently will.

People sleeping on GWS are nuts. They've got plenty of games into them, they could potentially snare Patful, and their draw will be favorable.

Anyways, Essendon have said they wont appeal the court's verdict in their case against ASADA, however James Hird apparently will.
Again James hird making himself bigger than the club they need to sack him and move on, surely the bombers supporters are over him by now

My ladder-
1. Richmond
2. Geelong
3. Sydney
4. Hawthorn
5. Fremantle
6. North Melbourne
7. Port Adelaide
8. Gold Coast
---------------------
9. Essendon
10. Adelaide
11. West Coast
12. Western Bulldogs
13. Brisbane
14. Carlton
15. Collingwood
16. St Kilda
17. GWS
18. Melbourne

If richmond finish top and melbourne finish bottom I will give you any card of your choice from my collection that's how confident I am that won't happen

Fair point about GWS. I don't see them having as good a season next year as Gold Coast did this, but hopefully they'll rise up into the top half of the bottom 8.

Carlton are a solid candidate for my bottom 4. Having a great midfield won't do much when they're a shambles at both ends. Never should have let Betts go.

My friends seven year old brother (who is Irish, BTW):

Him: Do you want to here a joke...
Me: yes
Him: Carlton :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funniest thing I've ever heard, hate the Blues and passed that on to him ;)

- Between chasing Lumumba, Merrett and Frost, one wonders how and when the Dees intend to kick goals.

- Jordan Lockyer, Tommy Walsh and Matthew Dick have been delisted by Sydney. That's another from 2012 Draft Prospects out of the system.

- If Bomber and Hird are both out, apparently Mark Harvey is next in line to coach Essendon.

- John Witheriff was copping a bake from all angles for his press conference today in announcing the "mutual" parting of McKenna and Gold Coast. Brennan certainly didn't leave his feelings unknown (bottom to top):

AMANoUk.jpg

Mind you the general public weren't backing him, hence the backpedaling those last three tweets. Not surprised tbh, Brennan and Harbrow are mates, and its Harbrow that was having problems with McKenna apparently singling out his bad performances on the field. It sounds like McKenna's sacking was less about results and more about lost faith with club staff and some of the playing group. And it'll be really interesting if these strong rumours about Bomber taking over are true given how his and Ablett's relationship was that last half season before Ablett left.

- Sanity restored at Brisbane, apparently Aish is not on the trade table.

- Jason Winderlich is apparently looking to continue his football at another club. Between Ryder, Carlisle and now Winderlich, Essendon is starting to look like a sinking ship.

Last edited:
The Herald-Sun is reporting that Essendon requested James Hird to stay away from tonight's Best and Fairest count. The board is meeting in the morning, rumours suggest that Hird will be sacked.

Not sure about that move - if indeed that is what Essendon decide to do - irrespective of gulit or innocence, we all have the right to appeal. Hird and the EFC lodged seperate court documents, so it is not as if he is "breaking ranks" as such.

The leadership group asked hird not to appeal, but didn't listen at some point hird needs to realize he isn't bigger than the club, he will be sacked as Essendon won't want to lose bomber to Gold Coast surely Essendon supporters are over it

I don't understand the point of the appeals Essendon keep saying they did nothing wrong, well if that was the case let asada do what they need to do and if they did nothing wrong then they have nothing to worry about, my take is there is something seriously wrong at that club and the players were given something that's why Essendon have been stalling for so long, hird should have gone long ago and Paul little needs to go aswell the club needs a complete clean out, start fresh and stop dragging it ou as its no good for anyone

- Between chasing Lumumba, Merrett and Frost, one wonders how and when the Dees intend to kick goals.

- Jordan Lockyer, Tommy Walsh and Matthew d*** have been delisted by Sydney. That's another from 2012 Draft Prospects out of the system.

- If Bomber and Hird are both out, apparently Mark Harvey is next in line to coach Essendon.

- John Witheriff was copping a bake from all angles for his press conference today in announcing the "mutual" parting of McKenna and Gold Coast. Brennan certainly didn't leave his feelings unknown (bottom to top):

AMANoUk.jpg

Mind you the general public weren't backing him, hence the backpedaling those last three tweets. Not surprised tbh, Brennan and Harbrow are mates, and its Harbrow that was having problems with McKenna apparently singling out his bad performances on the field. It sounds like McKenna's sacking was less about results and more about lost faith with club staff and some of the playing group. And it'll be really interesting if these strong rumours about Bomber taking over are true given how his and Ablett's relationship was that last half season before Ablett left.

- Sanity restored at Brisbane, apparently Aish is not on the trade table.

- Jason Winderlich is apparently looking to continue his football at another club. Between Ryder, Carlisle and now Winderlich, Essendon is starting to look like a sinking ship.
I didn't see it just heard a headline that Campbell brown was also less than glowing about mckenna

Back
Top Bottom