The Motor City Auto Project

MCAP Auto #89 - Buddy Boeheim
2022-23 Panini Contenders - Rookie Playoff Ticket Retail 15/99

Jackson "Buddy" Boeheim, son of Hall of Fame coach Jim Boeheim, knocked back offers from Gonzaga and UMass to play for his father at Syracuse.

Coming off the bench as a freshman, he averaged 6.8 points per game. The following season became a starter for the Orange and the 6'5" shooting guard responded with 15.3 ppg and 2.2 apg.

Buddy continued to improve throughout his college career, increasing his output to 17.8 ppg as Syracuse qualified for the NCAA Tournament, getting knocked out in the Sweet Sixteen. Syracuse regressed in his final year of college, but he put up a career high 19.2 ppg, 3.4 rpg and 3.1 apg.

He nominated for the 2022 NBA Draft, however was passed over, signing a two-way contract with the Pistons. Known for his shooting, Boeheim struggled in the Association. He featured in 10 games for Detroit, shooting 18.5% from the field and 16% from deep.

At the end of the season, he signed an Exhibit10 contract with the Pistons, but was waived in October. He is currently playing for the Piston's G-League affiliate, the Motor City Cruise.

To date he's scored 16 points, 6 rebounds, 4 assists and 2 steals in 10 appearances in the NBA.

Last edited:
Another interestign fact abotu Caron Butler was that he was addicatd to chewing or sucking on plastic straws. NBA called it a saefty issue and proceeed to ban the chewing / sucking of straws whilst on the bench... lol

Another interestign fact abotu Caron Butler was that he was addicatd to chewing or sucking on plastic straws. NBA called it a saefty issue and proceeed to ban the chewing / sucking of straws whilst on the bench... lol

I thought you were going to say he chewed straws on the court - that could have been problematic.

On the bench doesn't really seem an issue. I think there were bigger things the league could have focused on!

I thought you were going to say he chewed straws on the court - that could have been problematic.

On the bench doesn't really seem an issue. I think there were bigger things the league could have focused on!
That seems to be the general consensus, had been doing it for many seasons before the league changed its mind. Conspiracy theory is that the league waited for Butler to land in Dallas before doing anything so as to be more of a nuisance to Mark Cuban more than anything else.

That's an impressive level of petty if true!