The Grading Thread (PSA, BGS, SGC, CSG, HGA, ETC, ETC)

I really like the BGS slabs with sub grades and the inner sleeve protection - have had issues with Optic and Prizm sticking to the inside of PSA cases and they look terrible - I don't buy them/grade them any more if they could be prone to issues

I really like the BGS slabs with sub grades and the inner sleeve protection - have had issues with Optic and Prizm sticking to the inside of PSA cases and they look terrible - I don't buy them/grade them any more if they could be prone to issues
It's definitely a very individual thing. BGS has just never appealed to me. I like the sleekness and simplicity of the PSA slab. BGS clearly protects the card better but that baggy stops it from popping....imo.

The CSG slab is the cleanest slab I've ever had in my hand but until they have many years behind them and something akin to a reliable grade/consistency I personally would not use them to grade my own cards. I will buy them though. Incredibly clear plastic.

Thoughts on the future of TAG? I'm really optimistic about what they have and where they could end up. A real point of difference in the market I think, with what looks like a unique software set-up.

I’ve watched a few vids on them but what’s proprietary? I think any company can add a feature where the card is invisibly marked so they know if it’s being resubmitted. What other cool features? I can’t remember

missed getting a notification on the last results reply!!

I love the idea of a decoy card lol - reckon it works?? @Iron Clad Lou
They always mistake my best card for the decoy card, lol.

Second last sub I would've put the house on two particular cards being the best of the bunch- both came back 9's. And that hurt.

missed getting a notification on the last results reply!!

I love the idea of a decoy card lol - reckon it works?? @Iron Clad Lou

I don't know if it works, but i tried it.

Started off with my weakest cards and then a few solid ones. Then i will throw a clear decoy to get a bad one out of the way and then a weaker one and then a bunch on strong ones.

Weak cards have to be worthwhile as 8/9s i reckon

Well done champ. I remember not that long ago, maybe 10 months, that you had never had a PSA10.

On a side note I've just looked through the thread and I strongly disagree with the notion that BGS is a superior slab. It's a bathroom tile which has the card sealed inside a baggy! If preservation is the main aim then sure but otherwise I don't get the appeal at all.

I better add: each to their own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.

hahah yeah i got lucky on the last sub.

I have a nice sub just sent away with BGS/PSA so hoping for some more updates

1670458827292.png

NOOOOOO :(

Wonder what card is too small. I think it might be a Jordan UD hologram

PXL_20221215_005306743~2.jpg

Great result on my Jordan Baseball Rookie! Nice lowish POP

Got upcharged on the Jordan, but they put it in the 500us Category

Upset the X-2 got rejected but it is what it is. I'll just one touch it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom