The general ebay/fb thread

Iron Clad Lou

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Luke
Couldn't find a general thread. Somewhere to just let off some steam ;)

Bought an ebay item last weekend, from a low feedback seller against my better judgement. 5 days later and EST delivery date passed...no item, no tracking, no marked as sent.

Oh great. Always a bummer when you gotta go through the process :(

Thanks for listening

I actually don't mind buying from a low feedback seller on ebay if they have 100% positive feedback.

Often you can pick up an item from them well under market value.

As a seller, you've got to start from somewhere. I've found that the few I have bought from have shipped quicker than most and the item has been delivered in great condition which suggests they are going above and beyond to try and prove themselves.

I'm more than happy to give these sellers a chance as long as it's not a big ticket item and i'm paying under market value.

I actually don't mind buying from a low feedback seller on ebay if they have 100% positive feedback.

Often you can pick up an item from them well under market value.

As a seller, you've got to start from somewhere. I've found that the few I have bought from have shipped quicker than most and the item has been delivered in great condition which suggests they are going above and beyond to try and prove themselves.

I'm more than happy to give these sellers a chance as long as it's not a big ticket item and i'm paying under market value.

100% positive, but it's a fairly expensive item ~$400

This person is defo not going above and beyond :(

What surprises me about the majority of ebay sellers is the lack of effort they go to when putting something up for sale. Especially raw cards.

If I could be bothered to be a seller on ebay, i'd be using my full quota of images. Not just images of the card, but also images of how the card will be packaged.

I'd be using the Item Description section to not only sell the card, but also sell myself and my values as a collector. I will be doing everything I possibly could to instil confidence in my potential buyers.

It's really quite simple. The more people you convince, the more your item will sell for.

This strangely seems lost on most sellers though.

What surprises me about the majority of ebay sellers is the lack of effort they go to when putting something up for sale. Especially raw cards.

If I could be bothered to be a seller on ebay, i'd be using my full quota of images. Not just images of the card, but also images of how the card will be packaged.

I'd be using the Item Description section to not only sell the card, but also sell myself and my values as a collector. I will be doing everything I possibly could to instil confidence in my potential buyers.

It's really quite simple. The more people you convince, the more your item will sell for.

This strangely seems lost on most sellers though.
I have been getting lazier over time and do fall into the trap of the latter...but this is with stuff like AFL cards that move quickly.

Expensive singles and other stuff get the full HTML workout! Pics galore, extra info and all that other stuff.

It's why i have a good time selling most of the time ;)

I bid on an item recently and eventually won it for $10. It was in Australia, but the seller had for some reason put $40 for postage. I thought "ok, all their other listing are the usual $4-7 postage, so this must be a mistake".

Messaged before bidding, didn't hear anything back. Bid anyway and won. Sent multiple requests for a shipping correction - crickets.

Eventually paid because $50 is less than I'd have paid for this card anyway.

Absolutely zero communication from seller, and what a surprise! No tracking number updated, and the delivery due date has of course passed.

Here we go again.

You know what else is really fucking me off about eBay lately?

When you list an item for say, 100, and get an offer for 60, then send a counter for 80, then get ANOTHER counter for 50.

Like do these muppets do this on purpose? I mean, if their counter to 80 had been like $3, it'd make sense they're being funny. But this stuff is just CONSTANT lately.

You know what else is really f***ing me off about eBay lately?

When you list an item for say, 100, and get an offer for 60, then send a counter for 80, then get ANOTHER counter for 50.

Like do these muppets do this on purpose? I mean, if their counter to 80 had been like $3, it'd make sense they're being funny. But this stuff is just CONSTANT lately.
I let them burn their 3 offers quickly!

Decline, Decline, Decline

I posted an item this morning and gave the buyer a note to say thanks and to please leave feedback once the item arrives.

10 mins later, he leaves feedback :(

Should I school him on when to leave feedback (i.e. after the item actually arrives safe!) or just leave it?

One thing i've found that p1sses me off is ebay users who are deliberately misleading in their listing information. i.e. They will claim that something is possible in the box their selling when it isn't. There's a certain seller in NSW who is notorious with this.

One thing i've found that p1sses me off is ebay users who are deliberately misleading in their listing information. i.e. They will claim that something is possible in the box their selling when it isn't. There's a certain seller in NSW who is notorious with this.

Like with Ultra Fleer and the Scoring kings, but selling the wrong series or type?

I got a seller in the US who hasn't sent my card and won't going by recent feedback :(

Worth a punt to get a card cheap, but anything less than 99% feedback and you're gonna have a bad day

Like with Ultra Fleer and the Scoring kings, but selling the wrong series or type?

Yep. Or claiming a rookie is in a particular series 1 product when it isn't. Or claiming Michael Jordan is in a box of 1994-95 Fleer etc

I'm looking some advice selling a card (Kobe RC BGA9). I've sold plenty of AFL cards before which have been easy start the auction of at .99c and go from there. Is there an option to set a minimum price on EBAY AU? I don't want it to sell for a couple of hundred bucks if not many people bid.

Is it an option to add to the US Ebay as well?

Any advice much appreciated.

You know what else is really f***ing me off about eBay lately?

It happens on Facebook tenfold.

These people want to purchase anything and everything for donuts and resell them.

I sold a PS4 controller the other day brand new in the box because I mistakenly bought one and didn't need it. I paid $70 shipped, listed it for $55. This lad comes at me with $40, shows up after I said $50 and it's a deal, still gives me $40 and argues the fact.

They are ruthless.

I'm looking some advice selling a card (Kobe RC BGA9). I've sold plenty of AFL cards before which have been easy start the auction of at .99c and go from there. Is there an option to set a minimum price on EBAY AU? I don't want it to sell for a couple of hundred bucks if not many people bid.

Is it an option to add to the US Ebay as well?

Any advice much appreciated.
Sure can set a minimum price and also allow international bidders to purchase.

I don't know if you can sell directly on US Ebay and post internationally, but I know you can from the Oz version

Anybody ever got a random password reset from Ebay?

I wonder if it's to do with me moving between SMC address and my own?

Back
Top Bottom