The general ebay/fb thread

So I have an offer on a card from someone in Canada.

I would like to accept the offer as they have 2,500+ positive feedback, but have no idea about how i post this to Canada.

Would I simply buy an Australia Post International Standard 500g satchel and fill out a customs form?
Have sent singles overseas a few times. Package well in to a standard bubble mailer. Fill out the customs dec on your phone, take a screencap of the QR code once done. Lodge in person at Auspost and they'll ask for the QR code. Will also give you a few options re regular/express post etc. Should be fairly painless m8. I can't accurately recall shipping costs, might be ballpark $20 from memory.

So I have an offer on a card from someone in Canada.

I would like to accept the offer as they have 2,500+ positive feedback, but have no idea about how i post this to Canada.

Would I simply buy an Australia Post International Standard 500g satchel and fill out a customs form?

I can't add anything other than I did a high value card to USA via fedex and it was $150 I think for a $2k usd card so it depends on if its worth that otherwise get the International AusPost one - with insurance I'd say it'd be about $40-50 anyway at a guess depending on the priority - let me know how much it ends up costing if you go that way I'd be curious

I can't add anything other than I did a high value card to USA via fedex and it was $150 I think for a $2k usd card so it depends on if its worth that otherwise get the International AusPost one - with insurance I'd say it'd be about $40-50 anyway at a guess - let me know how much it ends up costing if you go that way I'd be curious
I'm going to go the standard 500g satchel + sig for $30.

Just found out I've been charged 16.3% in fees on my recent eBay sales...

I needed to move them quick otherwise they would have just been on the MERQARY marketplace.

It was a good test as I can now accurately say the MQ marketplace is approximately 13.7% cheaper than eBay even after you pay the Stripe fee on MERQARY! (Stripe fees are 2.6% + $0.30 per transaction and we're looking at ways to reduce this).

Just found out I've been charged 16.3% in fees on my recent eBay sales...

I needed to move them quick otherwise they would have just been on the MERQARY marketplace.

It was a good test as I can now accurately say the MQ marketplace is approximately 13.7% cheaper than eBay even after you pay the Stripe fee on MERQARY! (Stripe fees are 2.6% + $0.30 per transaction and we're looking at ways to reduce this).
yep I had a $38.50 fee they took from a $285 sale - so crazy!

I can't add anything other than I did a high value card to USA via fedex and it was $150 I think for a $2k usd card so it depends on if its worth that otherwise get the International AusPost one - with insurance I'd say it'd be about $40-50 anyway at a guess depending on the priority - let me know how much it ends up costing if you go that way I'd be curious

So I went with the satchel and sig for $31.40.

The bloke at the PO said don't use the Aus Post International satchel, but use a blank satchel or something like that and it's only $19.95.

https://www.stanleypackaging.com.au...kIr6FJwYAHmGnUrwwZ1LTguLT1dV-20BoCufAQAvD_BwE

I think my old lady has a bunch of these blank ones so i will use those next time

I put my card in a few bubble mailers and then in a box, which was only 130g, so he said do that next time and save 6 bucks!

So I went with the satchel and sig for $31.40.

The bloke at the PO said don't use the Aus Post International satchel, but use a blank satchel or something like that and it's only $19.95.

https://www.stanleypackaging.com.au...kIr6FJwYAHmGnUrwwZ1LTguLT1dV-20BoCufAQAvD_BwE

I think my old lady has a bunch of these blank ones so i will use those next time

I put my card in a few bubble mailers and then in a box, which was only 130g, so he said do that next time and save 6 bucks!

did they say estimated delivery time?
I guess it also depends on what speed you need too and what the buyer wants to pay for

I ship o/s all the time. It's actually easier now with Aus Post than it's ever been.

I send singles on a toploader, team bagged with cardboard. Then inside a 00-sized bubble mailer, then I put that inside another bubble mailer from Aus Post for like $1.25.

Fill out a customs form online and show the QR code in the confirmation email. They just print the forms and attach to the parcel.

Standard parcel shipping o/s is like $21 - give or take a couple bucks depending on area of the world. Then I usually add insurance for every $100 of value over $100.

I've had like 2 parcels go missing out of hundreds I've sent o/s. I've had a higher percentage of local shipments go missing actually.

I ship o/s all the time. It's actually easier now with Aus Post than it's ever been.

I send singles on a toploader, team bagged with cardboard. Then inside a 00-sized bubble mailer, then I put that inside another bubble mailer from Aus Post for like $1.25.

Fill out a customs form online and show the QR code in the confirmation email. They just print the forms and attach to the parcel.

Standard parcel shipping o/s is like $21 - give or take a couple bucks depending on area of the world. Then I usually add insurance for every $100 of value over $100.

I've had like 2 parcels go missing out of hundreds I've sent o/s. I've had a higher percentage of local shipments go missing actually.

I had to ship out 5 items last week all for the USA and not having done so in a while it was actually a lot easier process now. Fill out the CN23 Customs form online and print it out.

They sold me a pack of 10 plain satchels for $2.50 or something close and I simply walk in and hand them the package and the printed out form and select the type of freight you want (Standard/Express/Courier).

Only issue I had was that cause the eBay buyers didn't provide a phone number, they had to go standard which is 6-10 business days to the US.

The Post person said that if it goes express/courier when the local delivery company accepts it they may refuse if it doesn't have a phone number.

But for $20 tracked on 6-10 business days I may have to start listing some more items!

God where were you yesterday!

Thanks for this! Bloody awesome

Got my first INR coming up I think.

Sold a non card item via express post that was "delivered in a safe place" and now the buyer says it's missing.

Looks like I'm shit out of luck. The key is always purchase sig on delivery
Any idea if people wait a certain amount of time to do an INR? Bloke never got back to me and no INR yet?

Maybe he found my package

Sold a non card item via express post that was "delivered in a safe place" and now the buyer says it's missing.

Why would a delivered item be your problem? Surely once it states delivered you are no longer liable for it?

Although you may want to help, it's not on you the minute it's been marked as delivered.

Well it happened.

I finally sold a card on Ebay that i must have sold to someone else on FB.

Devastated :(

I am going to refund and send another variation of the card i sold and a bunch of other cards....but damn i feel bad :(

Back
Top Bottom