The Footy Card Collection Thread

Scotty_WCE

West Coast card collector!
Real Name
Scott
eBay User
scotty_wce
There's been a bit of grumbling in the AFL forum of late which you've probably noticed, so I'm going to do my best in order to reinvigorate it and get it back to the place it once was. You've probably seen the thread in the general forum for people's collections, but to be honest, there's not a lot of AFL ones and those there seem to be overshadowed by the basketball ones. This thread is purely for your footy card collections, no matter how big or small, and is a list so you can track how your collection is going and admire some of the best collections there are. All you need to do is post how many cards you have in your collection, I'll keep this thread updated as much as I can and hopefully it will ignite a bit of interest into this forum!

Just a couple of rules:

No doubles, have to be different cards in your collection.
Be honest!
Feel free to post the link to your photobucket/website which I will link to your entry, but it is not essential!
If you have any specific card collections (e.g. A million Nic Nat DPSs ;)) or sets or something else I will start a list for that if I think there are enough people to make one!

QUICK NOTE: IF YOU COLLECT ALL THE PLAYERS IN A TEAM, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR TEAM COLLECTION. IF YOU ONLY COLLECT ONE OR TWO PLAYERS IN A TEAM, OR PLAYERS FROM DIFFERENT TEAMS, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR PLAYER COLLECTION! :)

Team Collections:
1. 2858 - Collingwood - spondee70
2. 1967 - Geelong Cats - Team Venture
3. 1653 - Western Bulldogs - Quiksilver
4. 1645 - Hawthorn Hawks - Mighty_Mouse
5. 1489 - West Coast Eagles - Scotty_WCE
6. 1445 - Fremantle Dockers - Punter33
7. 1066 - Hawthorn Hawks - ratsdm
8. 847 - Collingwood - cwood36
9. 762 - Fremantle Dockers - joho22
10. 730 - St Kilda - cwood36
11. 620 - Essendon - willc1986
(No commons)
12. 526 - Port Adelaide - Zac-PAFC
13. 313 - Gold Coast Suns - drama5
14. 246 - Greater Western Sydney - drama5
15. 158 - Adelaide Crows - Aiden225
16. 39 - Fremantle Dockers - OneHitWonder
17. 38 - Adelaide Crows - adelaidecrowsarebeast
(1:36 cards or better)

Player Collections:
1. 203 - Chris Judd (Carlton/WCE) - juddcollector
2. 87 - Gary Ablett Jr. (Gold Coast) - Team Venture
3. 53 - Gary Ablett Jr. (Geelong/Gold Coast) - TomCooper
4. 28 - Harley Bennell (Gold Coast) - Shaunao1983
5. 14 - Stephen Coniglio (GWS) - Scotty_WCE
6. 10 - Jaeger O'Meara (Gold Coast) - juddcollector

Series Collections:

1. 6600 - Teamcoach - footyfan13

Last edited:
Well, my AFL card collection stands at.....

Waaaaaait for it.....

Eight :)

I am not a set collector, insert collector or team collector - I just collect cards of players, sportspeople and actors that I admire. I am more into the "match worn" side of things really.

Anyway - and I will do pictures soon, I promise! - my AFL cards are:

Select 2011 Heritage album release - Charlie Sutton, Bob Davis, Neville Crowe, Bob Skilton, John Kennedy Snr

Select 2014 Hill Brothers Signature card

Select 2007 Hall of Fame Signature card - Darrel Baldock

Select 2008 Victorian captain Signature card - Jonathan Brown

....that is it - until Select series 2 probably! :)

Well, my AFL card collection stands at.....

Waaaaaait for it.....

Eight :)

I am not a set collector, insert collector or team collector - I just collect cards of players, sportspeople and actors that I admire. I am more into the "match worn" side of things really.

Anyway - and I will do pictures soon, I promise! - my AFL cards are:

Select 2011 Heritage album release - Charlie Sutton, Bob Davis, Neville Crowe, Bob Skilton, John Kennedy Snr

Select 2014 Hill Brothers Signature card

Select 2007 Hall of Fame Signature card - Darrel Baldock

Select 2008 Victorian captain Signature card - Jonathan Brown

....that is it - until Select series 2 probably! :)
I'm not sure what list to put you on, but the cards you do have... =D>

Chris Judd collection -190
Jaeger O'Meara collection -10/11
Added! And into first spot :thumbsup:

Hey mate I collect gary ablett and the teams Gold Coast and eagles thanks.zane

Hey mate I collect gary ablett and the teams Gold Coast and eagles thanks.zane
Numbers???
Pictures or it didn't happen boys!!
I know the other thread stated you MUST have photos/videos/SOME sort of evidence but the reason I didn't make it necessary in this thread is because firstly it is just meant to be light-hearted fun and a bit of competition if you want with no hassles, and secondly I know I for one would find it tedious and to be honest quite time consuming (not to mention I have exams coming up :eek:) so it might deter people from posting. I trust people will be honest too.

Having said that feel free to post pictures/link to photobucket/website as explained in first post and I'll link it in there.

does seem odd to lie about cards you have in pc as its not like there is a competition and I mainly collect out of interest and for personal satisfaction.

However I understand the sceptiscm so here is the link to my collection thread. It hasn't been updated for a couple of months so I don't think I will have you convinced 100% ooneil until I update =p (which I will do asap as I am keen to show off some of the big new inclusions)

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/community/threads/drama5s-gold-coast-gws-masterpiece.145200/

Back
Top Bottom