The Bombers....

white_chocolate_55 said:
may i also ask, do you honestly beleive a game/season has never been tanked by any professional team/player/coach?

Maybe a single player could try it if he was offered money but I honestly don't think a coach would throw a game for the first pick instead of the 2nd. If you asked Sheedy I am 100% he would call you an idiot, your team needs all the wins it can get at the moment.

Richo said:
Yeah like you know that for a fact !

You in direct contact with Sheed now are you (lol)

The point is, teams don't go out there to lose......fans like you think they do BUT THEY DON'T. Besides the difference between the 1st & 2nd Draft pick (In the AFL) isn't much at all.....not enough the throw a game for (IMHO).

Sheeds and I are like this ... :D :D

well i see your point about pick 1 + 2.. but depends if the 2 last teams are after bryce gibbs.. if not, then thats good.. but i'd rather first pick at preseason draft and the national.. who cares anyways.. im wishful thinking we tank the rest of the year.. im not the mastermind behind the bombers.. we'll lose both our last games regardless..

Richo said:
I agree with that !

who do you follow again? eagles? if so.. i see why your talking it up while you can.. anyways.. the bombers aren't your team, so no need to comment/care about them or even judge them.. though i understand why you call them shit.. i practically do too.. we're (2nd) last.. it's what we deserve/get for it..

Talking it up ! What are you talking about.....I haven't even mentioned the Eagles so what am I talking up ! All I said is I agree that the Bombers will lose the last two ! No different to giving you my picks ;) As for comment / care / judging them.........I love footy so the show must go on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

white_chocolate_55 said:
for what?

Prove that it does/doesn't happen.. you can't ... they could very well be playing to be competetive but not win..

Morale - Supporters - Winning is better than losing !

As for not being able to prove it - EXACTLY ! All in your mind dude :lol:

To sum it up, your a Bombers supporter who has thrown in the towel and just wants his team to lose so they can get the 1st Draft pick - NICE !

My team in the WAFL (East Perth) is having a season similar to your bombers and I cheer on EVERY win they get. There is also a WAFL Draft which is just like the AFL (In reverse order) yet I would NEVER wish the wooden spoon on my team for the 1st pick ANYDAY !!! the second pick and no wooden spoon is FAR BETTER (IMHO).

yeh id love to see the lottery system come in like the NBA, as a fan i would hate to see my team throw games for a draft pick even though their can never be concrete evidence but when u lose to hawthorne you know somethings up ;)

We tanked against the Hawks last night, and I bet we tank our last two as well. None of the players tanked it, just the match committee. Andrew Welsh CHF, Courtney Johns FB, and of all the midfielders the Hawks have to tag we tagged Ritchie Vandenburg LOL! Meanwhile Crawf and Hodgey did as they pleased all night. I'm not concerned really, the real Bombers showed up in the second half, we're gonna be a good side next year, even if Hirdy should have hung up the boots.

all this talk about throwing games for #1 pick! I sincerely hope that not one team is deliberately trying to get the draft pick as it will just hurt you in the long run. Bottom side = loss of members/income. History never remembers who had the #1 pick but who got the wooden spoon! Keep losing and your supporters will have lost morale and any hope of victory so they won't walk in the gates to watch = loss of revenue. Disgusting attitide to have mate... ;) But it is a free world I suppose!

cliffy21 said:
all this talk about throwing games for #1 pick! I sincerely hope that not one team is deliberately trying to get the draft pick as it will just hurt you in the long run. Bottom side = loss of members/income. History never remembers who had the #1 pick but who got the wooden spoon! Keep losing and your supporters will have lost morale and any hope of victory so they won't walk in the gates to watch = loss of revenue. Disgusting attitide to have mate... ;) But it is a free world I suppose!

Couldn't agree more dude !

i am a one eyed bombers supporter,and have been all my life,yes there having a season to forget,but ill support them wooden spoon or not,#1 draft pick doesnt mean much to me,id rather say we won and gave the wooden spoon to carlton.

go bombers win or lose

Whats the problem with wanting the #1 draft pick? We desperatley need it, and are heading the right way for it.. what's all this "play for pride" crap.. do you think every fan will jump off the essendon faithful because we lose? No one outside the footy club will know if they're losing on purpose or not.. They will never ever admit to losing on purpose.. any team can make it look like they're putting up a fight..

just my opinion to wanting the number 1 pick.. means we're in control..

having the #1 pick isnt going to make us instant champions,yes #1 pick is going to be a great talent with a doubt,but what im saying is the bombers have it or not im sure we will climb back up the ladder,carlton have had it couple of times havent they,they have not shown to much.

bombers are playing to win,and the rest will take care of itself,win/lose/draw

just my opinion as a passonate bombers supporter

cheers

Back
Top Bottom