The Australian cricket non-official thread!

Does anyone really think Wade is the best option to replace Haddin?

The one thing I like about Lehmann, Clarke and the Aust set up at the moment, is there is no shirking the poor form. Both coach and captain are taking responsibility and talking about it, giving credit to Pakistan and saying the Aussies just haven't been good enough or playing at all well.

PS - how can you watch the Shield? I have a Mac. Is there a site I can watch it off and/or put it through to my TV? I can't find it on TBox.

SA VS QLD -http://cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/11/3/south-australia-v-queensland-day-four

Vic Vs NSW -http://cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/11/3/victoria-v-new-south-wales-day-four

I agree about Sayers. He is more physically stable than Starc, Hazlewood, Johnson, Siddle or Harris

I agree about Sayers. He is more physically stable than Starc, Hazlewood, Johnson, Siddle or Harris
I think our pace attack should be Johnson, Sayers, Harris & Starc in the first test at the gabba.

Sayers has preformed well enough over the last couple years to be at least looked at.
He got 9 wickets at adelaide oval and the pitch was a road.

I think our pace attack should be Johnson, Sayers, Harris & Starc in the first test at the gabba.

Sayers has preformed well enough over the last couple years to be at least looked at.
He got 9 wickets at adelaide oval and the pitch was a road.
On current form I fear for Peter Siddle and Nathan Lyon. I adore them both. Peter Siddle's last-day heroics in Adelaide against South Africa, when he pushed himself to utter exhaustion, will be remembered by generations to come. Nathan Lyon has been on a hiding to nothing since his Test debut (the next Warne! the next Warne!) in attempting to hold down the No. 1 spinner's spot and has become our best and most consistent spinner since Warne.

However, if blasting the opposition out is how Australia plan to regain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy, then I sadly can't see much action for either Siddle or Lyon.

Disgusting from Australia, really. Heads will roll when they get home. Still, England at #1 lost to Pakistan too 3 years ago, lol.

That said, every single thing that could go wrong or go against Australia, did. Bravo Pakistan though.

Rogers will go, probably Haddin out injured. Siddle, Starc out too and questions over Lyon too. Can't believe we lost this series so badly. I can only chuckle. T20 in Sydney on Sunday, no time for me to be glum.

Last edited:
I have to wait a month to watch the Australian team in action again - not a fan of International T20 cricket (yet I love the Big Bash!) and the ODI's are a bit predictable so I can take or leave them.

There is now a massive opportunity for domestic players to push their claims for Test places, although I still think that if you insert Watson and Harris back in to that team, it is a lot stronger.

Back
Top Bottom