The Australian cricket non-official thread!

I havent seen him keep before but is handscomb a good enough keeper to take to India free up a batting position?

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Marsh
Handscomb
All rounder/2nd spinner/batsman even
Third paceman/ spinner
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon

I havent seen him keep before but is handscomb a good enough keeper to take to India free up a batting position?

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Marsh
Handscomb
All rounder/2nd spinner/batsman even
Third paceman/ spinner
Starc
Hazlewood
Lyon
Personally I wouldn't burden Handscomb with the keeping just yet. Give him some more time to focus on his batting at Test level.

On another note, what great hitting from Lynn and McCullum at the WACA tonight. When those two are on the Heat are just about impossible to beat.

I'm not a Wade fan, but that was an awesome ton.

As for Chris Lynn...flmao. I don't feel so bad getting out on a Saturday arvo watching that shot.

Steve Smiths slash with his first ball wasn't much better. But totally with you on Wade, the guy just seems like a cocky little prick, but a great knock by him.

Alright, time to put on your selector's cap again. The 15-man squad for the India series is being named tomorrow. Who gets in?

This is the squad I think they'll take:

Batsmen
David Warner
Matt Renshaw
Usman Khawaja
Steve Smith
Peter Handscomb
Shaun Marsh

All-Rounders
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Ashton Agar

Wicketkeeper
Matthew Wade

Fast bowlers
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Jackson Bird

Spinners
Nathan Lyon
Steve O'Keefe

I'd be fairly happy with that squad, although Mitch Marsh would be perhaps a little lucky. Who do you guys think will be picked?

Alright, time to put on your selector's cap again. The 15-man squad for the India series is being named tomorrow. Who gets in?

This is the squad I think they'll take:

Batsmen
David Warner
Matt Renshaw
Usman Khawaja
Steve Smith
Peter Handscomb
Shaun Marsh

All-Rounders
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Ashton Agar

Wicketkeeper
Matthew Wade

Fast bowlers
Mitchell Starc
Josh Hazlewood
Jackson Bird

Spinners
Nathan Lyon
Steve O'Keefe

I'd be fairly happy with that squad, although Mitch Marsh would be perhaps a little lucky. Who do you guys think will be picked?
Agar out and Faulkner in and think we are close enough

Head or Faulkner for Mitch Marsh and I like the look of that squad.

Chatting to Nathan Lyon at the Gabba recently and asked him about this tour. He said the Aussies subcontinent woes are psychologically based as the players, particularly the batsmen fear getting out and don't play their natural game.

Back
Top Bottom