The Australian cricket non-official thread!

I have no problem with declaration. Nearly got 'EM too. Glad for once to go safety first and win series.

Had Kohli captained throughout maybe a different story.

Dhoni hanged up his test match boots overnight, he was a good captain but the time is right to pass it on to Kohli. New years test will be interesting with him in charge.

upload_2015-1-1_17-42-12.png

Anyone recognise the guy on the left getting his cards signed? The Sig Pig. This guy just doesn't quit, works all year round lol.

Crikey, the Melbourne Renegades have been bowled for the lowest total - 57 - in Australian Domestic T20 history. Their innings lasted just 12.4 overs! A bit of niggle between the teams tonight, Dwayne Bravo gave a couple of send offs - to Maxwell and Faulkner, apparently something left over from the T20 World Cup.

Took the little fella to his first ODI last night.

He loved every minute of it - the colour, the crowd, the crash, bang, wallop of the game.

And thankfully, as he began to flag, they finished it off with a whole 10 overs to go.

Couldn't believe Warner was the first Aust ODI batsman to score a century against England at the SCG either.

Brendan,

My oldest is 5 1/2. We've been going to T20s since the BBL:02 in 2012/13 and he was pretty good with it. I've taken him to the odd Shield and Matador Cup and ladies crickets games too, and he loves it. I take him to the NRL every 2nd week too, so I think he's learnt to sit and watch and absorb.

Never too young IMO, but it boils down to how long they can sit and watch. I did do a lot of games with him at the ODI - I Spy, pick which ball of an over a wicket might fall OR score a 4 - and set targets of 'at the 10th over, we'll do this. At the 20th over you can have a lolly. Etc'.

:)

Perhaps they could do a finals system similar to the WAFL?

1st plays 2nd with winner advancing to Grand Final
3rd plays 4th with winner playing loser of 1st vs 2nd in a preliminary final
Winner of preliminary final plays team already in Grand Final

I think this system would suit the Big Bash format, and there's an extra final meaning more $$$ for Cricket Australia, so everyone's a winner!

Nah. The BBL is fine as it is. It's all fun, hit and tickle. No team in finals who gets thrashed should ever get a 2nd chance IMO. If it had to change, I'd only have top 3...2 vs 3 and winner plays 1 in GF. Problem with AFL / NRL top 8 system, it rewards mediocrity.

Adam Gilchrist and Jack Ryder to be inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame on Tuesday night. Who do we think will win the big awards? I love the Allan Border Medal telecast (although that perhaps puts me in the minority!), you tend to forget just how much cricket is played in a calendar year!

I was out watching the NSW vs SA Womens Grand Final at Blacktown today and I have to say I really enjoyed it.

The fact that Ellyse Perry was playing had nothing to do with it! What a Superstar!

Cheers
Matt

Back
Top Bottom