Tap 'N' Play CA & BBL 2015/16 Official Thread.

Not sure if this has been asked before, apologises if it has, does anyone know how many boxes/cases there are of this release?

Cheers

Well busted my 2 boxes and although I'm glad someone is having a go at cricket cards, and yes the base cards are of good quality, I must say how completely underwhelmed I was when I pulled the best of the bash, memorable moments, young stars and medal winners. I pulled a medal winner and had to hold it in my hand and try to process the thought I was looking at a 1:182 pack card. The inserts have absolutely zero wow factor, they look no better than a base card. The golds and silvers are actually more attractive. I can't explain right now how disappointed I am. Didn't pull a redemption so can't comment on them, but the signature redemptions are the same ratio as the medal winners, I just can't get my head around it.

I tend to agree. The inserts are pretty ordinary compared to the silvers and golds. I too had to look at my medal winner card a couple of times to establish whether it was an insert or not.

@Matt26 do you know if Tap N Play are doing anything about the collation issues? @Diggaz TC mentioned they were now aware and had fixed the problem, however nearly every single person on here is having issues with inserts doubled up . In most case breaks it really is beyond a joke now.

The Superstars & Young Stars have 12 cards in each set - 24 cards in total. Accross a case you would expect to see 14 different cards - 7 different young Stars & 7 different Superstars, yet in all the case breaks I have seen so far, people are getting only 5, 6 or 7 different young star or superstar cards in total, with some getting multiple double ups with 4 or 5 cards the same.

I have also seen several case breaks with the same 2 signature cards in them. Again, there are six different ones to collect, you would assume you would at least get two different ones in the case. Thesame for the medal winners, i have seen someone with 2 medal winners the same from the same case.

It looks like they have corrected the duplicate inserts into the one box, but not in the case. They have the numbers right in most instances - I have not seen a case with anything other than 2 sig redemptions & 2 medal winners & if anything I have seen a couple with extra young stars / Superstars, so great job with that. just dont get why if they get that bit right, they can not get the different insert part right.

Sorry for the rant, just really dissapointed with what we were all looking forward to so much.

@Matt26 do you know if Tap N Play are doing anything about the collation issues? @Diggaz TC mentioned they were now aware and had fixed the problem, however nearly every single person on here is having issues with inserts doubled up . In most case breaks it really is beyond a joke now.

The Superstars & Young Stars have 12 cards in each set - 24 cards in total. Accross a case you would expect to see 14 different cards - 7 different young Stars & 7 different Superstars, yet in all the case breaks I have seen so far, people are getting only 5, 6 or 7 different young star or superstar cards in total, with some getting multiple double ups with 4 or 5 cards the same.

I have also seen several case breaks with the same 2 signature cards in them. Again, there are six different ones to collect, you would assume you would at least get two different ones in the case. Thesame for the medal winners, i have seen someone with 2 medal winners the same from the same case.

It looks like they have corrected the duplicate inserts into the one box, but not in the case. They have the numbers right in most instances - I have not seen a case with anything other than 2 sig redemptions & 2 medal winners & if anything I have seen a couple with extra young stars / Superstars, so great job with that. just dont get why if they get that bit right, they can not get the different insert part right.

Sorry for the rant, just really dissapointed with what we were all looking forward to so much.

I can tell you what I am aware of (been on holidays so hopefully my info is up to date)

The people packing these cards out did have some issues initially with pack out but I believe that this has been fixed. The one point that has to be made here is that this is a very limited area of expertise in Australia as most product these days is packaged overseas and the capabilities for it here are limited. Not excusing it, just adding in context.

I know that the packers are busting down multiple boxes a day checking collation and from one of the reports I had been shown the breakdowns for the boxes were now spot on.

These problems were picked up after the first 20-30 cases were packed and shipped out to resellers like @Diggaz TC etc (I believe that TNP even took back cases and sent out new cases). The odds of cards are not affected, its the double up of the same cards in a box/case as we have seen with a few of the early breaks here.

From what I understand, the collation for all remaining cases appears to be vastly improved and this will be in place for the A League release.

Hopefully its been sorted.

Cheers
Matt

just ducked out - it was a new box, no packets sold...I bought three packets...2 silvers (83, 169) and 1 gold (48) and no doubles in the commons (1 x Test, 2 x ODI, 3 x T20, 3 x Southern Stars, 1 x Striker, 2 x Heat, 3 x Hurricanes, 2 x Renegades, 3 x Stars, 4 x Scorchers, 2 x Sixers, 1 x Thunder)...

I was lucky to find one of these in my 4 boxes :kick:

IMG_3817.JPG

IMG_3817.JPG

Unfortunately nothing at my local Newsagents / Servos yet. Hopefully Monday but none of the four I went to had any knowledge of the release and nothing on their system for Monday.

The enthusiasm is dwindling a bit.

Back
Top Bottom