Tap 'N' Play CA & BBL 2015/16 Official Thread.

For what its worth, there may be some more cricket cards being released over the coming few months (especially with a technology aspect).

Even heard rumblings of patch card featuring a legendary player...... ;)

Cheers
Matt

I've heard they are still coming, I believe these will be more box set type set ups......haven't heard any dates as yet im afraid?

Cheers
Matt

Hi @Matt26 have you heard anything further on this? There was some mumblings about an Allan Border link??

Hi @Matt26 have you heard anything further on this? There was some mumblings about an Allan Border link??

Long story short, they have been delayed likely to next year.

Cards are all ready to go, just some other matters (non Tap N Play related) have cause them to be delayed.

Cheers
Matt

Whats everyones thoughts on price for this release?

I did not think prices would tank as badly as they have with this. It is an excellent product - however it is not holding price and selling for way unders at the moment.

Signature cards are going for well less than $100 on ebay - some $60 - $80 final sale price!
Medalists are selling for $20 - $30 - even Steve Smith sold for $31 on ebay.
Lee jersey card you can not give away.

I just dont get it? The sig cards should be $150 - $200 depending on player, the Lee jersey cards should be $150 plus & the Medal cards should be $100 plus as a minimum.

Big worry as far as I am concerned.......

I believe pack searching played somewhat of a part in flooding the market with these signature cards (BBL & A League) and the tanking of the prices. A few people had over 10+ signature cards and were happy to sell for $100 each a month after the release. Distributors asking big $$$ for the signature cards didn't help to as that created a false market on the value, so the decline in value was magnified by the high premium they were charging. Or maybe that the prices they are selling for is the real value of these?

Look at the A League as a perfect example, distributors were asking $500+ plus of the Archie Jersey Redemption on release, one sold on auction for $320 the other day, so it's safe to say there are less than a dozen or so die hard collectors willing to pay the asking price for these cards. $240 price drop in a month is worrying to be honest, personally I'm not too concerned as I did get my Archie at the lower end of the spectrum, nonetheless it's not nice seeing a huge price drop on a marquee card.

As for the Lee jersey card, it doesn't help when you can buy the signed jersey card for $150 ish, so asking $150 for just a jersey card is plain ridiculous. I think the market has shown this to be true, I believe I saw one for sale for $80 and it still didn't sell.

Just remember this is the secondary market and I believe this will have no real impact to TNP? Their release for Rugby Union looks quite good tbh and with one auto per box, this will be their best value for money product to date.

Just a bit of a gripe about the tapNplay folders(pissed of)just having a look through my folder and the back page with three cards up against the spine have all been damanged by the ring binders on folder,
The three cards being lanning medal winner,album card and a Steve smith gold,pissed at the lanning being damanged and it's not my fault,damanged by faulty folders,beware of last page in both there folders and don't put any cards in the three slots next to spine

Just a bit of a gripe about the tapNplay folders(pissed of)just having a look through my folder and the back page with three cards up against the spine have all been damanged by the ring binders on folder,
The three cards being lanning medal winner,album card and a Steve smith gold,pissed at the lanning being damanged and it's not my fault,damanged by faulty folders,beware of last page in both there folders and don't put any cards in the three slots next to spine
I had the same thing happen with the 2014/15 folders. I gave them the feedback that the rings need to be on the side like every other manufacturer and I was advised they would ensure they would correctit for future releases - low and behold they were the same this year.

I am very very careful with them now and each time they are put on the self, I ensure the pages are not bent in any way. Also ensure no high value cards are on last few pages or first few.

Hopefully they fix it next year....

Back
Top Bottom