tak35bne

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Dave
eBay User
tack35
COMC User
tak35bne
evening all, I have a few sketch cards that my son and I have started to collect that are not associated with any sets we collect, we just like them. Currently I have them in sleeves and top loaders but I wanted to store all of them in one touch magnetic holders, is that a problem for sketches?

Cheers

It shouldn't be except possibly for any that are oils (which take a long time to fully dry). However, the best place to ask is Scoundrel, because the artists generally have more understanding of requirements.

I store most of my collection in top loaders in a Ulta Pro folder. The higher end ones i store in magnetic holders.

I don't see any problem with the sketches and those magnetic holders. But in case of oil cards, you might need to seal the surface with a barnish to avoid the contact with the air, because this paint with the time hardens and it is possible to break. And because it takes so much time in drying (depends on factors as the layers of paint, materials, etc.) it's recommended to do it one year after finished the painting. But probabbly you don't find enough cards like these.

Acrylics can be barnished too, but is not necessary cause that paint dryes very fast and it's plastic. So don't need any other care.

Back
Top Bottom